2012 FITC Awards
Monday, April 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
Now in its 11th year, the FITC Awards celebrates the best commercial and artistic work on the web from around the world. With a hundred esteemed judges reviewing the entries, FITC awards are recognized and acclaimed in the digital industry.
Important notes about entries:
1. Each submission allows entry in your choice of TWO categories. (except for our four Canadian categories)
2. Submissions are for online websites except for the Installation category. For entires for our installation category, please ensure the URL submitted is to a web page containing enough information (ie Video, images, text) to be properly judged to ensure all of our judges can best review the project.
3. Submissions can be built in ANY language(s).
4. There is a $75 entry fee for all regular categories. Our Canadian categories are FREE to enter.
The FITC Awards have 12 categories. All submissions are able to select TWO categories for each submission.
- Installation - New for 2012
- Visual Design
- Technical Excellence
- Best use of 3D
- Best use of Audio
- Online Advertisement
- Best use of Narrative
- Best use of Animation or Motion Graphics
Additionally, the FITC Awards have four Canadian specific Categories:
- Best Canadian Studio Website (FREE to enter)
- Best Canadian Designer Website (FREE to enter)
- Best Canadian Developer Website (FREE to enter)
- Best Canadian Student Website (FREE to enter)
Further to these categories, the FITC Awards has two additional categories which all finalists are automatically eligible for:
- Best of Show - All judges vote to pick one of our finalists they vote as 'Best of Show'
- People's Choice - Those chosen by the people, out of all the finalists.
1. All sites or projects MUST have been launched on or AFTER April 1, 2011.
2. All sites must be accessible online. If the project is not viewable online (in the case of an installation) then the URL you are submitting for judging MUST be to a page with sufficient information to judge the entry. We strongly recommend that the page include video, images and a written description.
3. Sites requiring registration are permitted, providing said site offers a free trial period with which the judges can view the site.
4. Any site containing pornographic, or otherwise blatantly objectionable content or material, is ineligible for consideration. Should any site featuring said content be submitted, it will be disqualified immediately.
6. All decisions are final.
7. Entries can be created using any development tool. Submissions do not need to be specific to any technology.
• Each submission is subject to a $75 CAD fee. This fee entitles each submission to be entered in two categories. No refunds will be issued.
• Nominations/Submissions for three of our Canadian Categories are free. (Developer, Designer, and Student categories)
• All finalists will be automatically entered into our BEST OF SHOW and PEOPLE'S CHOICE award categories.
Terms and Conditions
FITC assumes that all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrants, with all rights granted therein. In the event that an entrant without such rights submits a site, both the entrant and the owner of the site will be contacted. If the owner or representative of the site denies consent, the submitted site will be removed from consideration.
The FITC Award will only be given to the owner of a site or their authorized representative, regardless of the entrant. FITC is not liable for any copyright infringement caused by the entrant or a submission. Submission of any entry acknowledges the right of FITC to use it for exhibition and publication in any medium. Note that FITC will not take credit for such work, and will only present it as an award finalist or winner.
When submitting a site for award consideration, the submitter will be required to provide the following information: full name, company name, email, phone and the submitted entry's URL.
Beginning on March 1, upon completion of the submissions period, submitted sites will be referred to a private voting committee, which will perform first round judging, and form a listing of finalists, which will consist of ten sites/persons per category. Second round judging will then commence, with a minimum of 3 judges per category determining the top 3 entrants (or finalists) per category, and from there, the winners.Finalists will be announced on March 26. At that time, the online community will be able to vote from the list of finalists to determine the winner of the People's Choice award. People's Choice Voting will take place between March 26 and April 13. At the same time, we will invite all of our judges back to review all of the finalists and pick one for the best of show award.
Receipt of Entry
A receipt of entry will be provided to entrants, both onscreen confirmation at the time of submission and via email to the submitters email address.
1. All sites submitted during the open submissions period will be considered for an award, provided it meets the eligibility requirements.
2. At the completion of the first round of private voting, finalist sites will be listed on the FITC Awards website. Additionally, finalists will be notified. Further information/materials may be requested of them at that time.
3. No finalist will be notified of the outcome of the awards prior to the Award show which will take place at FITC Toronto Festival (final date to be confirmed).
4. If you have any questions, please email Shawn Pucknell at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your entry.
FITC stands for ‘Future. Innovation. Technology. Creativity.’ – four words that capture the essence of what our company and events are all about. We produce design and technology focused events worldwide which inspire, educate and challenge attendees. Since 2002, FITC has brought together like-minded professionals and students in Toronto, Amsterdam, Tokyo, San Francisco, Chicago, Seoul, New York, Los Angeles and many other cities. FITC produces a number of events internally and in collaboration with other event organizations throughout the year.
View a full listing of current and past events at fitc.ca/events