Adult Resilience: Strong Not Tough is a one-day accreditation session for professionals and individuals who face circumstances where greater adult resilience would create an environment that is more productive, vibrant, and successful. Strong Not Tough provides crucial relationship and resilience skills that high-calibre, purposeful leaders practice and facilitate not only in their organisations and businesses, but also in their own lives.
As adults, we experience many life changes. This could range from common challenges such as transitioning into the workplace, entering and ending relationships, and starting a family, to unforeseen and unplanned events such as the loss of a loved one, natural disasters, or financial difficulties. Feeling overwhelmed or anxious is a natural by-product of such experiences.
Strong Not Tough is an interactive program that equips adults with positive coping skills to better navigate these experiences, effectively manage the associated feelings, and to be resilient for life.Kafui Sawyer is the sole Licenced Trainer in North America for Strong Not Tough. Currently, this specialized training is not offered by anyone else in North America.
As a Certified Facilitator of Strong Not Tough, you can help students, clients or employees and their families with long-term emotional resilience - their own personal policy to navigate everyday life challenges. You can lead your team to build an organisation or business that can bend, not break. It is a sustainable community that is strong, not tough.
*COST: $395 per person
(includes HST, training manual, and lunch)
* Excludes a $9.95 Eventbrite fee.
Need more info? We'd love to hear from you.
* Important Registration & Cancellation Information *
- Please make sure your Registration Form and payment are received by Joy Health and Research Centre (Joy HRC) no later than seven (7) days prior to the date of the training.
- Strong Not Tough is a unique professional development opportunity not offered elsewhere in North America. As such, Joy HRC is dedicated to delivering high quality training to committed individuals and professionals. If you cancel less than seven days before the session, you forfeit the full registration fee.
- If you are unable to attend due to an unforeseen emergency less than seven days before the session, notify Joy HRC in writing and we will return 50% of your payment.
- All cancellations must made be in writing to: email@example.com
- Continuing Education Credits (6 credit hours) are available from the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
When & Where
Joy Health and Research Centre
BA, MA, CCC, RCC
As Director and mental health consultant at Joy Health and Research Centre, Kafui Sawyer is the only Licenced Trainer in North America for the Adult Resilience: Strong Not Tough accreditation program. She is licenced by Pathways Health and Research Centre (Brisbane, Australia) which developed the Strong Not Tough program.
Kafui is a researcher and conducts program evaluation studies on mental illness prevention. Underlying all of Kafui’s work is her dedication to provide people with positive and effective skills that encourage a path of self-discovery, healing, and growth in their everyday life.
Kafui’s philosophy in life is emphasized by 3Cs:
- people are Capable,
- people Count, and
- people want to Connect