Aunt Poly's Slow Dating for Women Who Date Women
Saturday, 13 April 2013 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Burnaby, British Columbia
Come on down and meet some luscious polyamorous bi, queer and lesbian women from all over the Pacific Northwest in beautiful Vancouver! It's a unique dating event, a conference or even a weekend getaway.
This dating event for women who date women provides a nice mix of 'speed dating' (paced a little slower, with some fun icebreakers) plus a friendly and sassy social event. We will be matching attendees with compatible women based on your registration questionnaire. We will make reservations as a pub/restaurant half a block away if you want to keep the fun going. Your registration fee includes yummy food and drink and a chance to win some great door prizes from The Art of Loving, The Sugar Lounge, Chelsey Blair Hairstylist, Magical Goodies, and Luca Pellanda RMT.
Whether you are an introvert or an extrovert, new to dating women or not, there will be something (and someone) here for you. Your registration includes yummy catered snacks and a chance to win some great door-prizes. This is a not-for-profit event, and all proceeds go to pay for the room and food.
Please note: We have a new venue - The Accent Inn [about our venue] We have a special hotel rate for attendees who would like to stay there: $99.00/night - Standard rm, $109.00/night - Kitchenette, $149.00/night - 1 brm suite. We will provide the registration code to all attendees.
- What is polyamory? Do I have to be polyamorous? (yes, or poly friendly)
- Sounds cool, but I am feeling nervous just now and really have to wash my hair...Can you put me on the list for this even the next time you run it? Nope. This is a one time event, your one chance! Carpe diem!
- I'm older, younger, bigger, smaller, lesbian, bi, queer, pansexual, introverted, extroverted, kinky, not kinky - Is this for me? (Yes!)
- What kinds of characteristics will we be matched on?
- Sounds fun! I'm from out of town and I don't know my way around... (no problem, we'll help!)
- I've never dated a woman before, am I welcome? (of course!)
- Are transwomen welcome? (you betcha, along with all gals who id as women)
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? (19+)
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? (lots!)
- I have special dietary needs (we have veggie and gluten free food there)
- Where can I stay nearby? At the Accent Inn Burnaby ($99 for our group) or the YWCA hotel ($65, or less if you share)
- Will there be alcohol? (nope, but you can get it nearby)
- I am looking for a woman to date me and my husband/boyfriend. Can he attend with me? (Just women, sorry, but the matching questionnaire asks about this.)
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Who are the Vancouver Polyamourous Women's Meet? (We're awesome.)
What is polyamory? Do I have to be polyamorous?
This event is for women who are polyamorous (or poly friendly) who date other women. Polyamory means having more than one love relationship at a time, and for all of your partners to know about one another. Here's a longer description
If you are relatively new to poly, no worries. There will be a range of experience in the room.
What kinds of characteristics will we be matched on?
If you register before April 1st, you will fill out a questionnaire with some of your characteristics and deal breakers. These include things like the presence or absence of a relationship veto, drug and tobacco use, preferring to date individuals or couples, children at home, willingness to travel and age range. You will also have the opportunity to share your okcupid profile in advance of the event with other attendees if you wish to. *Women who register on or after April 1st may be matched on a random basis, but we'll do our best.
Sounds fun! I'm from out of town and I don't know my way around...
We're glad you're attending! We have a block of tickets booked for out of towners at a special rate at the hotel, and a special greeter to answer your questions and help you find things. Yay, out of town poly women!
I've never dated/slept with a woman before, am I welcome?
Yes, absolutely. Because there are many poly women who have had less experience dating women than men, we want to make sure you feel welcome. There will be a special welcome session for you 45 minutes before the event, where you can meet other women and ask any and all questions. Don't worry, we've all been there. You're welcome.
Are transwomen welcome?
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
I have special dietary needs. Can you accommodate them?
The hotel has rooms with kitchenettes if you prefer to prepare your own food. There is a Save on Foods supermarket within 15 minute walking distance or a 5 minute drive. We will have gluten free and vegan options available at the event snacks. There are pubs and restaurants nearby with lots of options. .
Will there be alcohol?
About our venue
The Accent Inn is a short walk of the Gilmore Skytrain station. The new location has free parking, is nearby some nice pubs/restaurants for dinner and drinks afterward and has affordable hotel accommodation for those who are attending from out of town. Gilmore station is a 15 minute Skytrain (metro) ride from the downtown shopping and entertainment district and one stop away from the huge Metrotown shopping mall (or is it a small town?). The space and hotel are wheelchair-accessible.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The hotel is 2 longish blocks from the Gilmore Skytrain station and on a major bus route as well. Please see the map on this page or get directions here. There is free parking at the venue as well. If you email us at email@example.com we'd be happy to look up directions for you from where you're coming from.
I am looking for a woman to date me and my husband/boyfriend. Can he attend with me?
This event is for women to meet other women. However, you will have the option at registration to let us know you're interested in forming a MFF triad, and women interested in dating MF couples will also have an opportunity to identify themselves so you can meet one another.
I'm older, younger, bigger, smaller, lesbian, bi, queer, pansexual, introverted, extroverted, kinky, not kinky - Is this for me?
Yes, we really believe everyone will feel welcome. The organizers vary widely in age, orientations and experience dating women.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Who are the Vancouver Polyamourous Women's Meet?
We are a very nice leaderless amorphous group of people who identify as women who are polyamourous, poly friendly or exploring polyamory. You can like us on facebook. Click on the link above for more info.