Have you ever had a pint that just didn't taste right
& wondered why it tasted that way?...
Beerology Sensory Evaluation Workshops are an interactive way to learn
about the most common off-flavours that can occur in beer and where they come from.
Here's what previous participants are saying:
- Perfect for everyone or anyone who is in the beer industry
- Rob Morra, Beau's All Natural Brewing Co.
- Highly recommended for beer industry professionals. A fun way to learn and hone your palate. You will not only be knowledgeable but you will sound knowledgeable as well
-Rob Mulvihill, Amsterdam Brewery
- Loved the course, wish it were longer. I’ll be back
-Jarvis Taylor, The Victory Café
- Really what I wanted. A great start in higher beer learning
- A laid back approach to understanding beer on a deeper level. A great class for bartenders and beer reps alike. Challenging to the taste buds and informative to those who want to know how beer goes wrong.
- I definitely feel more confident doing beer tastings at the brewery. You went above and beyond what I expected from this class. Thank You!
These Workshops are a great way to strenghen troubleshooting skills.
They are ideal for:
There are three workshops in the series:
Session 1 - Things that can go wrong at the pub
Friday, November 11th, 12:00pm-3:00pm
In this session, we will explore five common problems that can occur in the pub. Participants will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the mouthfeel, aroma and taste associated with each problem and to record and share their personal impressions. With each problem, there will be a discussion of how and when it might be introduced into beer.
Session 2 - Things that can go wrong at the brewery
Saturday, November 12th, 12:00pm-2:30pm
In this session, we will explore five common off-flavours that can occur in the brewery. Participants will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the mouthfeel, aroma and taste associated with each off-flavour and to record and share their personal impressions. With each off-flavour, there will be a discussion of how and when it might be introduced into beer.
Session 3 - Test your sensory evaluation skills!
Sunday, November 13th, 12:00pm-2:30pm
Having become familiar with a range of problem and off-flavours, we will now test our ability to identify them! Participants will sample off-flavours in a blind tasting and will be invited to identify the off-flavour present in five different samples.
SPACE IS LIMITED - SESSIONS HAVE A MAXIMUM CAPACITY OF 15 PEOPLE
The three sessions complement eachother and are best experienced when taken together as a course. The are therefore being sold as a series. After November 9th, should there be tickets available, there will be an opportunity to register for sessions individually.
GEEK ALERT ! These workshops are fun but they will cover some pretty technical information...
All sessions are taking place at Lansdowne Brewery - (see sidebar for map.)
NOTE: If you would like to register 5 or more people from your organization, there are group rates available! Contact Mirella for details.
-No refunds available
Save This Event
303 Lansdowne Ave.
ON M6K 2W5
Run by Canada's first Master Cicerone® and author of Beerology: Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy Beer...Even More, Mirella Amato, Beerology offers a range of entertaining and informative beer tasting workshops and dinners, ideal for staff or client appreciation, special occasions or just for fun!
Check out Mirella's new book!