Business of Aging Summit: Workplace Wellness
Monday, April 30, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM (EDT)
As Canada’s largest innovation centre, MaRS is uniquely positioned to share new, entrepreneur-driven solutions to harness the talent of our aging workforce and keep employees of all ages healthy and effective.
Business of Aging offers targeted discussion and practical strategies to improve health and increase productivity both for aging employees and those caring for aging parents. It is an essential event for senior executives, policy makers, health professionals and researchers at the forefront of workplace wellness and productivity.
On April 30, 2012, the MaRS Business of Aging Summit will give Canadian employers the knowledge and tools they need to help their organizations – and employees – succeed in the new workplace reality:
- Discover innovative solutions created by leading-edge entrepreneurs to keep employees of all ages healthy and engaged.
- Hear first-hand how Shoppers Drug Mart and Saint Elizabeth Health Care are achieving great results through innovative thinking, helping employees stay healthy and manage caregiving demands.
- Collaborate with global experts and peers on an implementation plan to help your organization achieve meaningful outcomes.
Visit our website to see the detailed event agenda.
Speakers at Business of Aging include:
- Dr. Joseph Coughlin, MIT AgeLab (morning keynote)
- Geoff Mulgan, NESTA – National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (afternoon keynote)
- Nicole Beben, Saint Elizabeth Care to Know Centre
- Dr. Adalsteinn (Steini) Brown, Dalla Lana Chair of Public Health Policy, U of T
- Vickie Cammack, Tyze Personal Networks
- Dr. Neil Gordon, INTERxVENT
- Dr. Dorian Lo, Shoppers Drug Mart
- Dr. Alain Sotto, Ontario Power Generation and TTC
- As well as MaRS clients and other entrepreneurs who will share their innovative workplace wellness and caregiving solutions
Register now to reserve your space – and please forward to your networks.
All sales are final. Refunds are granted only on a case-by-case basis, under exceptional circumstances.
Generously supported by:
In partnership with:
When & Where
MaRS Discovery District, Social Innovation Generation & Ashoka Canada present
MaRS (www.marsdd.com) is a large scale, mission driven innovation centre located in Toronto and networked across Ontario, focused on building Canada’s next generation of technology companies.
MaRS works closely with entrepreneurs to grow and scale their ventures into global market leaders in life sciences and health care, information, communications and entertainment technologies, cleantech, advanced materials and engineering, as well as innovative social purpose businesses.
Social Innovation Generation (SiG) (www.sigeneration.ca) is a collaborative partnership founded by The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, the University of Waterloo, the MaRS Discovery District, and the PLAN Institute. Our ultimate goal is to support whole system change through changing the broader economic, cultural and policy context in Canada to allow social innovations to flourish.
Ashoka (canada.ashoka.org) is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs – individuals with system-changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Ashoka is redefining the global citizen sector by creating a system of collaborative entrepreneurship. Connecting the work of individual social entrepreneurs to business, academic and public sector partners, they create a network effect driving the sector forward and developing new solutions to global problems.