Creating Funds for Social and Environmental Impact
Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EST)
The MaRS Centre for Impact Investing is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of our newest initiative: Community Finance Solutions. Community Finance Solutions provides expert advisory support to high-potential initiatives creating new impact investing funds and innovative financial products.
The national launch will provide an insider’s view on developing a new impact investing fund. The launch webinar will be moderated by Katie Gibson from the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and will feature the following speakers:
- Jane Bisbee, Social Enterprise Fund (Edmonton, AB)
- Murray McCaig, MaRS Cleantech Fund (Toronto, ON)
- Marguerite Mendell, Concordia University speaking about La Fiducie du Chantier de l'économie sociale (Montreal, QC)
What is Community Finance Solutions?
Community Finance Solutions provides expert advisory support to high-potential initiatives creating new impact funds and financial products. We envision a vibrant marketplace of effective impact investing funds and innovative financial products in communities across Canada, pooling and placing capital to create social and environmental impact.
Who is eligible for support?
Our clients are individuals and organisations located across Canada who are working to launch new impact investing funds or innovative financial products. Please see our online application for more details.
Community Finance Solutions could support the following types of initiatives:
- Creation of an investment fund focusing on First Nations communities, affordable housing, sustainable food and water, or renewable energy;
- Development of a community loan fund for local businesses;
- Creation of a blended philanthropic and investment fund to finance projects with a social mission;
- Issuance of a community bond to finance an infrastructure project; and
- A variety of other impact investing funds and products that meet our established criteria.
For more information or if you have further questions about Community Finance Solutions, please contact email@example.com or visit our website.
Hosted by MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
With Support From
MaRS Discovery District
MaRS (www.marsdd.com) is a large scale, mission driven innovation centre located in Toronto and networked across Ontario, focused on building Canada’s next generation of technology companies.
MaRS works closely with entrepreneurs to grow and scale their ventures into global market leaders in life sciences and health care, information, communications and entertainment technologies, cleantech, advanced materials and engineering, as well as innovative social purpose businesses.