EarthWork Day is about celebrating Earth Day by walking the talk.
SES Consulting, Recollective, Pulse Energy and HiVE are playing around with a cool new way to celebrate Earth Day this year, and we invite all interested parties to play with us! We are going to pay our employees to have some fun making a difference in a creative way. We start at 9 am at the HIVE (128 West Hastings, Suite 210), split up our various folk into small teams, each company gives each employee a budget of $22 per person to hit the street or their computers and make a difference. (For individuals not part of a participating organization, you can play with us too! Just show up with $22 and your volunteer time.)
Part 1: Ideas Pitch - April 13, 5pm at HiVE
- 5pm: drink, eat, mingle (beer & snacks provided)
- 6pm: pitch ideas for feedback, join groups
(Between April 13-20, groups are to begin coordinating to plan their ideas so they're ready to implement on April 20. Check out the videos from the Ideas Pitch here! Below most of the videos are GoogleGroup links that you can join to help make that idea happen.)
Part 2: EarthWork Day - April 20, 9am at HiVE
- 9am: show up with $22, coffee & snacks, last minute planning, new people to join groups
- 10am: leave HiVE to implement project ideas. Choose at least 1 person to photo/video document.
- 3pm: meet back at HiVE, prepare "show & tell" using photos and/or video documentation from day
- 4pm: show and tell
- 5pm: drink, eat, be merry!
Anyone and everyone are welcome to join, or create your own version! If you're a business / non-profit interesting in participating, please send an email to email@example.com and we'll add your logo and weblink below. Also open to individuals!
Twitter / Flickr / YouTube Hashtag: #earthworkday