ventureLAB edUcate Workshop
Staring October 9th, 2013 (5 weeks)
Wednesdays, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
These series have been developed for entrepreneurs who present a clear and concise technology business concept, prototype or product with a reasonable potential for launch.
The goal of edUcate is to help you to develop a realistic plan to launch your product (or service) with the start-up capital you have or can easily obtain.
Our edUcate – Bootstrap Launch Plan workshop series addresses the critical decisions you will need to make in order to launch your business. The workshop series will help you to prepare and present your business strategy and plans to a panel of business people. The workshop series addresses:
- Develop your market strategy: zero in on your target market – who are they, what will they buy, and how will you reach them.
- Fine-tune your product definition to ensure that it fulfills the needs of your target customer
- Develop a frugal expense plan and a lean organization – what is the minimum you need to spend in order to market, sell, produce, deliver, and support your early sales.
- Understand the viability of your business initiative – your bottom line. Develop a bootstrap sales forecast – exactly how and when will early sales occur.
- Develop a viable plan for financing your business; understand the financing realities of technology start-ups, and see where government programs and bank loans can assist.
- Assess your technology and determine your options with regards to protecting your Intellectual Property
- Establish your management team, board of advisors and advisory board as keys to your success
This interactive workshop series is for qualified ventureLAB clients who have a product or service and need to develop a realistic business plan to launch and grow a profitable business.
This workshop is highly interactive; you will be expected to share relevant information about business ideas and markets. Each participant should be prepared to talk about the benefits of their product or service to their target market, without disclosing sensitive information about how it works or is made and without disclosing sensitive information about customers or markets.
Dates: Oct 9th: First Floor Training Room
Oct 16th: First Floor Training Room
Oct 23rd: First Floor Training Room
Nov 6th: First Floor Training Room
Nov 13th: First Floor Training Room
LOCATION: Markham Convergence Centre, ventureLAB, 7271 Warden Avenue
COST: No cost to registered ventureLAB clients
For questions please contact:
Mercedeh Andalibi firstname.lastname@example.org