Welcome to the first Food Swap Burnaby Swap!
Tuesday, February 21, 7pm - 9pm
A food swap is an event where you trade your homemade, homegrown, and foraged creations with other participants. Taste. Talk. Have fun!
We welcome everyone, as long as you bring something you made, grew, or foraged yourself. You must pre-register to attend. If you plan to bring a family member or friend who will be swapping their own foods, please register them separately.
What to bring
• Food to swap: All swap items must be homemade, homegrown, or foraged by you. Think pickles, preserves, baked goods, honey, granola, pasta, fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices… but keep it to low risk foods (ie. no canned meat or homemade cheese)! Bring as little or as much as you like. You can bring a bunch of one thing or multiples of a few different things. The possibilities are endless!
Keep in mind that swappers will be examining and picking up your goods, so be sure to package them in a way that protects the food and makes it clear the amounts you want to swap. When applicable, it is recommended that you include storage and shelf life information.
Bring samples so people can taste before buying! Beverages will be offered.
• Swap card: Bring one swap card for each different item you're swapping. For example, if you're bringing 5 jars of strawberry jam, 5 jars of apricot jam, and 10 bunches of rosemary, fill out 1 card for the strawberry jam, 1 card for the apricot jam, and 1 card for the rosemary. Fill out the top part only (Who, What, Notes).
Download a swap cards here. (Best to complete them in advance - extras will be available on site)
• Release form: Please note that you will need to sign a release form in order to attend. Print, sign, and bring it with you to the swap.
You can download the release form here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Roberta at email@example.com
Don't forget to like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/foodswap.bby
The Honour Code
This is a community event; however, participants must pre-register, which means this event is operated as a private club.
In addition, all swap participants adhere to an honour code of using the highest cleanliness standards in their own kitchens and gardens to prepare their swap items. Swap participants must agree to the following terms before registering:
• By participating in this event, you are acknowledging that the food items being shared are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
• By participating in this event, you are also acknowledging that you will use the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in food preparation.
• By participating in this event, you assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable food swap hosts, swap venue owners/providers, or other swap participants.
Have questions about February Food Swap?
Contact Food Swap Burnaby