We all have many great stories and experiences that we would love to share with others but we just don’t know where to start. If you would like to learn how to organize your thoughts in a manner to share your skills and creativity through demonstration speeches, your points of view through persuasive speeches, and how to motivate others with topics that you are passionate about. You can condense a year’s worth of public speaking learning into these six Tuesdays and come away feeling more confident, more structured and more effective in every speech you deliver.
Learn more details at www.GoodtoGreatPS.com.
- Who should take this course?
- Anyone with a small to large fear of public speaking, plus anyone who would like to take their speeches to the next level in regards to style and effectiveness.
- Why should I take this class?
- There are so many opportunities in life to speak. Once you harness your fears of presenting in public, the sky’s the limit for where, when and how you can present.
- How can I benefit the most from this class?
- As this is a weekly class, you will want to set aside time the first week to read the eBook, especially the first two sections. You will also want to schedule bits of time each week to create and practice your speech as you will present a speech each week starting in week two. Finally, you will want to analyze the video of your presentation and complete a self-critique in order to begin a continuous cycle of improvement. You will learn much not only from the instructor, but also from your classmates in this course, your attendance in all classes is important.
Activity and Learning Outcomes
- create four speeches: demonstration, creativity, persuasion, motivation
- conduct self-evaluation on their speeches as well as have an opportunity to receive evaluation/suggestions from peers and instructor
- four speeches incorporating all previous learning outcomes
- use these skills in real life situations
- become comfortable speaking in public
A.M. P.M. snacks will be provided.
Bring a brown bag lunch or visit local food services.
When & Where
United Way of Winnipeg
United Way ensures an essential network of programs and services by providing support to nearly 100 agency partners. Each plays a vital role in our overall strategy to ensure lasting, positive change by addressing the underlying causes of our city's most challenging social issues.
Every year, thousands of volunteers and committed Winnipeggers raise millions of dollars that are invested back into the community. Donations support programs and partnerships that inspire lasting change, better lives, and a safer, stronger Winnipeg for all of us.