Green Communities Committee (GCC)
2012 marks the first year that local governments will be asked to report specifically on their progress in achieving carbon neutrality to the public and the Province in addition to reporting on general corporate and community wide actions.
The joint Provincial-UBCM Green Communities Committee will be holding webinars on November 21, 2012 and November 30, 2012 from 1:00pm-1:45pm to provide local governments with detailed information on the carbon neutral reporting requirements.
Who should attend?
This webinar will provide useful information to any local government staff involved in implementing and reporting on their local government’s carbon neutral commitment under the Climate Action Charter. This includes work related to:
- Measuring corporate emissions using SMARTTool or an alternative inventory tool
- Offsetting and/or balancing corporate greenhouse gas emissions
- Reporting through your local government’s Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP) report
What will be covered?
- Reporting requirements associated with each step of the carbon neutral framework (measure, reduce, offset and/or balance, report)
- Reporting timelines
- How to submit reports
- For information related to webinar registration please contact Beverley Stainton at: Beverley.Stainton@gov.bc.ca
- For information on the approach to carbon neutrality please contact Jessica Brooks at: Jessica.Brooks@gov.bc.ca
Green Communities Committee
The joint Provincial-UBCM Green Communities Committee was established under the Climate Action Charter to support local governments in meeting their Charter commitments. As part of this work the GCC has developed a number of guides and resources. These are available on the BC Climate Action Toolkit (www.toolkit.bc.ca).