From: Tad Hargrave, Founder - MarketingforHippies.com
Date: March, 2012
My name is Tad Hargrave and I want to invite you to come and join us for an evening workshop called “Marketing for Hippies - How to Grow Your Green, Local and Holistic Business”.
COST: £15 in advance. £25 at the door.
It’s a three hour long , content-rich, roll-up your sleeves, nuts and bolts workshop. It's all about how you can grow your business and attract all of the right kinds of clients.
This three hour workshop is my best distillation and collection of those practices and stories (some of them are pretty funny).
In general, here's who "Marketing for Hippies" is for . . .
- Perhaps you are selling a natural, eco-friendly, cruelty-free or otherwise healthy product . . .
- Or you’re in the Healing Arts or a Holistic Practitioner? (perhaps you’re a Therapist, Massage Therapist or Body-worker, Yoga Instructor, Herbalist, Shamanic Practitioner, Life-Coach, Meditation Teacher etc.) . . .
- Are you a local business owner that just plain cares deeply about your community, nature and social justice? (maybe you run a Yoga Studio, Eco-Friendly House Cleaning company, an Organic Farm, a local Theater Company, a Fitness Studio, a comfy, little locally owned Bookstore, a groovy local Restaurant, an Eco-Store, a Pottery shop or a Natural Health-Food Stores etc.)
- Or you're running some sort of permaculture based business.
At its heart, this workshop is all about exploring the question . . .
Too much marketing (even by savvy, conscious entrepreneurs) creates either no response or seems “over-hyped” and triggers a “used car salesman” reaction.
So . . .
How do you market your products without compromising your principles? How can you make sure your marketing gets a positive response and creates warm feelings of trust? Better yet - how do you have your ideal client approaching you, instead of you chasing them?
- get an overview of the most cutting edge, low or no cost, pressure-free marketing strategies used by the most thriving green and conscious businesses around North America today to successfully and sustainably grow their business (without abandoning their deeply held values or giving up their unique, funky-vibe)
- network with like minded, local entrepreneurs
- get answers to your marketing questions
- receive four FREE Business Building Resources before you ever show up (over 190 pages of materials and over 2 hours of video coaching).
- NOT A PITCH FEST: This event is not going to be some ra-ra, hype filled, high pressure pitch-fest for my weekend training or to hire me personally. I find that sort of selling to be distasteful at best. I will spend 5 minutes at the end talking about any upcoming workshops but that’s about it. I find that after the three hours most people know whether or not it’s a fit and I trust that. Your time is valuable.
- SOLID CONTENT: This evening is all about you getting practical, take-home value for your time. I do everything I can to make sure that your evening is well used, fun, enjoyable and refreshing. My hope is that you leave feeling more energized, renewed and clear about your marketing than when you came in.
- FREE VALUE BEFORE YOU SHOW UP: My commitment is that our first interaction is one that benefits you. I want to help you profit before you pay. To that end, I am giving you totally free and open access to over some of my best best profit-producing, business-building materials. You can go and check them out right now and start benefiting from them immediately.
What to Bring:
- pen & paper,
- promo materials, business cards, & brochures - there might be time for me to look at some of them and give some thoughts and reflections.
- money - your cheque book and or cash.
So, that’s it. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com otherwise I hope to see you there.
founder - marketingforhippies.com
is a hippy who developed a knack for marketing.
Despite years in the non-profit and activist world, he finally had to admit he was a marketing nerd and, in the end, he became a marketing coach for hippies. Maybe it was because he couldn’t stand seeing his hippy friends struggle to promote their amazing, green and holistic projects. Maybe it was because he couldn’t keep a 9-5 job to save his life.
Whatever the reason, for almost a decade, he has been touring his marketing workshops around Canada, bringing refreshing and unorthodox ideas to conscious entrepreneurs and green businesses that help them grow their organizations and businesses (without selling their souls). And, over the years, he has become recognized as a leader in the wider movement towards green and local economies.
This all feels like a minor miracle as Tad spent his early marketing days learning and applying some very inauthentic, high pressure, extremely gross and pushy marketing approaches. This has made him suuuuper allergic to these kinds of approaches because he discovered they made him feel slimy (even in personal friendships), he didn’t sleep well and he’s very sorry to all those people he spoke with back in the day. After a decade of unlearning and unpacking that whole scene – he now feels ready and able to help other people find ways to market that feel wonderful.
When & Where
Marketing for Hippies
Tad Hargrave is a hippy who developed a knack for marketing (and then learned how to be a hippy again).