Halton's September Food Swap!
Tuesday, 10 September 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hey Halton Swappers! It's time for another exciting food swap! And this time, we've parterned up with Burlington Green! So join us on Tuesday, September 10th for our fall swap which will be held in the Centennial Hall of The Burlington Public Library!
Never heard of a food swap? Well, Food swaps allow members of a community to swap items that are homemade, homegrown, or foraged. The concept of a foodswap creates, connects and cultivates members of a community to come together and learn more about local food. Stil not sure about a food swap? Check out the photos from our June Food Swap!
The Burlington Public Library is located at: 2331 New Street (Central Park).
The swap start time is 7:00pm. Please arrive on time to ensure you have time to set up your goodies and have ample time to mingle with all the swappers!
To make our swap a success, here are a few guidelines to help you prepare.
- To participate in the swap, you must have an Eventbrite ticket. Swap tickets must be obtained in advance of the event.
- All items to be swapped must either be baked, cooked, foraged or made by you or your family.
- Items must be prepared using the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Please bring swap items pre-packaged in containers that are ready to be carried away by other swap participants. Get creative with this, but make sure that your items are ready to safely swap by packaging them before you arrive.
- The quantity in each package is up to you (ie: one pint jar, four muffins, one bunch of herbs, etc.).
- Please attach contact information and/or an ingredient list and/or special instructions to each swap package.
- Please also bring a recipe or ingredient list to display with your swap items.
- Samples are not required, but they can be helpful and a good conversation starter. If you do bring samples, please make sure you bring everything you need as Halton Food Swap does not supply materials other than napkins and plates.
- Make sure you bring a basket or bags to carry away all your newly acquired swap items.
In addition to our food swap, swappers are invited to take part in our Book Swap! If you have any food, gardening or green living books that are ready to go to a new home, please bring them with you. We will have a station where everyone can leave their books, peruse the books and take a book or two that may catch their eye! This is not mandatory. You do not need to bring books to swap, this is purely a fun add on to the event.
Additional information will be sent to registered swappers when we get close to the swap. So watch your inboxes!
Please note the following information:
By participating in these events, you are acknowledging that the food items being traded are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
By participating in these events, you are also acknowledging that you will use the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in food preparation.
By participating in these events, you assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable Halton Food Swap, Burlington Green, The Burlington Public Library or other swap participants.
For more information about Halton Food Swap and the September Food Swap, please follow Halton Food Swap on Facebook and Twitter. We'll also be putting up a lot of fun ideas for swapping on our blog, so check us out.
Tickets are limited, so make sure you get your ticket soon!
We can't wait to meet you on September 10th!
Let's feed our souls by sharing and swapping food!