San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How we communicate with our clients, our staff, our managers, and each other is of utmost importance for our individual success as well as that of our organization. This learning event is designed to provide you with the strategies, tools, and tips to communicate more effectively.
During this two-day workshop, you will learn about and apply communication skills, concepts and principles a number of dynamic lectures, interactive class discussions, and practical hands-on activity-based learning exercises.
By The End of the Workshop Will Be Able To:
- Describe and understand the 'Communication Process'
- Identify strategies to communicate more effectively, both verbally and in a written format
- Build rapport more quickly with others while avoiding unnecessary relationship stresses and frustrations
- Properly use communication tools and technology
- Communicate with greater confidence in various work and life situations
You Will Learn To:
- Breakdown the 'Communication Process' into its fundamental building blocks to help set goals for enhancing your communication skills
- Send clear and effective messages by requesting feedback and asking appropriate questions (open-ended/closed-ended)
- Actively listen to others to exhibit respect and to ensure understanding
- Use skills such as; active listening, affirmative listening, building rapport, providing feedback, paraphrasing, summarizing, clarifying, probing, reframing, and confirming to minimize misunderstanding and conflict
- Understand the '3 V's of Communication' (Visual/Non-Verbal, Vocal, Verbal)
- Know when to use verbal vs. written communications
- Understand the '3 Types of Communication Channels' (Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, Group)
- Use the 'Personality Style' questionnaire to understand your own communication style and develop strategies for communicating with other 'Personality Styles'
- Inform, persuade, overcome objections, respond to criticism, resolve conflict, assert yourself and negotiate
- Develop and enhance your public speaking skills
- Use technology (telephones, cellular phones, voice mail, audio/videoconferencing) more effectively
- Write efficient and effective e-mails, letters and memos
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Absolutely! We're happy to see anyone who wants to learn.
Can I update my registration information?
Anytime at all. Just call or email us and we will update your info.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. When we do attendance, we'll know it's you ;-)
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation or rescheduling of the workshop may be made (in writing) without penalty up to three business days before the course start date. Full invoice charges will be applied to any cancellation or rescheduling request made within three days of the course start date. However, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no additional charge. Please note that non-attendance at the workshop will result in full invoice charges. Should we be forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, liability is limited to reimbursement of paid registration fees.
Save This Event
When & Where
Performance Training Solutions
PTS provides classroom and online training for Canadian public and private sector employees. We specialize in improving your "core competencies" --- skills that professionals at every level need to have in order to succeed:
• "Time Management and Organizing Skills"
• “Implementing Performance Measurement - The Six Steps”
• "Efficiency and Operational Costing in Government"
• "Achieving Performance Alignment"
• "Improving your Communication Skills"
• "Introductory Project Management"
• "Administration Skills" (In-House only)
• "Introduction to Negotiation"
• "Dynamic Facilitation Skills" (In-House only)
• "Delivering Powerful Presentations" (In-House only)
Now, in its 18th year of operation, Performance Training Solutions have trained over 17,000 Government and private sector personnel and continue to offer public workshops in our Nation's capital AND online “webinars” available from coast-to-coast. Feedback received from each and every workshop attendee shows that, over the many hundreds of workshops held during the past eighteen years, the average overall level of customer satisfaction for our workshops is > 91%.
We will be introducing additional workshops in the coming months and look forward to seeing you there!