Indian Head Workshop - Jan 25 &26, 2013 - Varadero Cuba
Friday, 25 January 2013 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, 26 January 2013 at 5:30 PM (EST)
What could be better than learning by a white sandy beach in the middle of winter?
This year - arrange your own travel!
Travel and write it off!
We will be staying again at the Blau Varadero. If you arrange for accomodation outside of this resort, please be aware that the hotel will charge you a per day fee to enter the resort to take the class. Otherwise all you need to do is make sure your trip allows you to be at the resort for the Friday and Saturday to take the class.
What Is Indian head Massage?
- Easy to sell - everyone LOVES having their scalp worked on
- Great upsell for Body wrap treatments, Massage or Spa packages (esp Men's Spa)
- Good ROI - Charge $30-$60 for a 30 min session
- No special equipment required
- Comprehensive training - feel confident giving this treatment
What is Indian Head Massage?
Massage is the oldest form of medicine known to humans and has been practiced for thousands of years. The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. This Sanskrit word can be translated as the "science of life" or "knowledge of life". The Ayurvedic approach to health is the balance of body, mind and spirit and the promotion of long life.
Indian/Indie Head Massage is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. This form of massage is very relaxing and has a balancing effect on the nervous system of the recipient and it helps them to release stress and tension creating a sense of peace and well-being. Because this form of massage is done over the clothing in a seated position it can be done anywhere and at any time, making easily available just about anywhere.
What are some of the benefits of Indian Head Massage?
- General Relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissues
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of "feel good" chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness.
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking.
Can also help relieve the following conditions:
Eye-strain, tension headaches, migraines, earaches, Tinnitus (ringing in the ear), jaw ache, sinusitis congestion, insomnia, and disturbed sleep.
The following conditions cannot be treated or must be treated with care:
- Any recent head or neck injury, including whiplash and concussion
- Severe bruising in the areas to be treated
- Recent hemorrhage
- High or low blood pressure
- Migraine. You should be aware that treatment may result in an attack
- A history of thrombosis or embolism
- Diabetes unless under control
- Infectious skin disorders
- Scalp infections
- Cuts and abrasions in the treatment areas
- Recent operation
- Chronic Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- High temperature, illness and fever
- Any infectious disease
- Food poisoning
- Cancer or any other serious medical condition
- Chronic Fatigue, Spondelites or Spondelosis
If you are a holistic practitioner, spa owner/worker, registered massage therapist, aromatherapist, reflexologist, hair stylist or are wanting to get started in holistic healing or massage then this is a wonderful modality for you to add to what you are already doing. or to get you started on the path. No prior experience in massage or body work is required
The certification course includes two days of theoretical and practical instruction. A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course. You will learn how to do a relaxing 1/2 hour Indian Head Massage treatment while your client is seated. The class is limited to 14 students. There is a home study segment which you will be required to complete before the weekend course. Materials to be looked over will be sent to you a week or two prior to class time.
Indian Head Massage courses are available on an ongoing basis. Full certification is available for those attending the 2-day course, at an extra cost and may be obtained by completing extra work and doing a practical and written exam. If you are an RMT this certification is not required for liablity coverage.
CEU - Credits
MTAA - 16 Primary
MTAM - 8 Secondary
CMTO - 8 Category A (Your manual and Certificate will be the Seated Clothed Chair Massage - no energy balancing)
MTANS - 9.5 Primary
NBMA - 19 Primary
MTAS - 19 Primary
NHPC - up to 5 per day (depending on your status with them. Please call NHPC for your credit level.)
Reflexology Association - 9.5 CEU's
Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists - 7.5 CEU's
Indian Head Massage courses are available on an ongoing basis. Full certification is available for those attending the 2-day course, at an extra cost and may be obtained by completing extra work and doing a practical and written exam.Requirements for Indian Head Massage Certification
- Full certification may be obtained by completing the following:
- 40 case study treatments
- Write up a summary of the case studies based on your experiences and observations. This can be handed in at time of testing. Case study materials will be returned to you when testing is complete. 40% of your final written mark is derived from your case study work
- Written exam worth 60% of the final written mark. You will have one hour to complete the exam, all materials covered are in the course manual. The format of the exam is multiple choice
- Practical exam consisting of you doing a full treatment on the instructor/tester. You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the techniques learned and the proper sequence in which to do them
- The passing mark for both the practical exam and written part is 80%. A certificate in Indian Head Massage will be issued once the above work is completed
- A Remote Certification Process is available to those who have attended the IHM course in person, but who live away from the Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage.
You have up to one year from the date of your class to complete certification.
Tuition : 2-day Course $452.00 incl HST, manual and Certificate of Attendance
Certification Cost: $113.00 incl HST. Payable at time of testing
What the client can expect: Relax and Restore body and mind.
Indian head massage may be dry, or oils may be used. The oils not only nourish the hair, but also calm the nervous system, as the roots of one's hair are connected to nerve fibres.
Important areas targeted. Indian head massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress and its proponents say that it can bring immediate relief. It is also said to improve circulation in the head, enhance the senses, improve memory and promote clear thinking.
People who suffer from headaches, migraines, insomnia, tinnitis, vertigo and depression may benefit from Indian head massage. It is also said that the head massage addresses the harmful effects of cellphone radiation.
Many different medical practitioners and corporate companies are discovering the benefits of this ancient practice. Dentists, for example, are using it to ease their patients' discomfort, while businesses are offering their employees free in-office massages in the quest to increase productivity and reduce absenteeism.
Air-conditioning and artificial lighting of the office environment often cause headaches, as can sitting slouched in front of the computer all day or the steering wheel, which may result in the formation of stress nodules in the neck and shoulders.
Because Indian head massage can be performed anywhere and is just as effective if done dry, it seems to be a good way to relieve office-related stress.Cancellation Policy: Cancellations up to 14 business days prior to your workshop - we will refund your fees minus a $50 administration fee. There are NO refunds within two weeks of this course. If you cannot attend, please find someone to fill your space, and let us know so that a correct certificate will be issued to the participant. If we need to cancel this workshop, we will refund your full tuition. Thank you for your understanding