The Introduction to Mountain Biking series consists of five sessions, approximately two hours each.
- Session 1: introduction and overview of the series and trail building instruction/hands-on trail maintenance with a local trail builder
- Sessions 2-4: 90 minute instructional session, with practice time and instructor feedback, followed by a short guided ride to reinforce the skills covered
- Session 5: guided "graduation" ride
- trail building and maintenance overview
- pre-ride bike check, trail safety and trail etiquette
- stance, balance, gearing and braking
- climbing, descending and wheels lifts
- cornering and rolls
Particpants must have a mountain bike in good working condition and a well-fitting helmet. Participants should not have taken a previous Introduction to Mountain Biking series offered by The Learning Curve.
"Knowledgeable and experienced instructors, so patient, loved the locations, just all round a really good course" - past participant
When & Where
The Learning Curve Mountain Biking Association
The Learning Curve Mountain Biking Association is a not-for-profit society that aims to provide riders with a solid foundation upon which to build their skills, ensuring they can progress from beginner to more advanced terrain with confidence, with enjoyment and as safely as possible.