If you do a few searches on job posting boards, it is easy to see that PHP programmers are in high demand. Why? Because PHP is a powerful scripting language that runs many of the largest websites on the internet. Startups love PHP because it helps them get their products to market quickly and effectively.
In this 4 week course you will be introduced to this powerful language and learn the techniques that professional PHP developers use to create full-featured web applications.
- The famous "Hello World" application
- The Request / Response cycle
- Outputting information to the screen
- Variables, Strings, Numbers and Arrays
- Math and String Manipulation
- Conditionals and Looping
- Working with functions
- Working with forms and validation
- Sending emails with PHP
- Filtering inputs and escaping outputs
- Sharing information between pages
- Working with Sessions and Cookies
- Connecting to a database
- Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD)
- Putting it all together to make a real application
Dates & Times:
This course runs one night a week for 4 weeks (10 hours total).
- Wednesday Aug 8 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday Aug 15 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday Aug 22 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday Aug 29 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
About the instructor:
Peter is an active member of the web development community. He is co-organizer of the GTA PHP Meetup Group and sole organizer of the East Toronto Web Design Meetup. Combined, these groups have over 700 active members. This November, Peter will help to bring the True North PHP conference to Toronto.
This course is presented by Coder's Craft and the Toronto User's Group for Powersystems (TUG).
Check out our other courses / events at