Ruby on Rails started off as a nimble and lean base framework allowing rapid web development. It has since grown to include many components (Asset Pipeline, Sass, Coffeescript, etc). Newcomers to Rails often find themselves jumping hurdles, trying to find “The Ruby Way” or “The Rails Way” of doing things. In this introduction to Rails, we will walk you through the process of building a simple application, which will help you overcome these hurdles.
- A Ruby Primer
- Rails Framework Overview
- Models, Views and Controllers
- Model Validations and Associations
- Performing Database Operations
- Decorating your app with Gems
- SCSS is a better CSS
- Keeping in touch with Email
- File Uploading
- Delayed Jobs and backend processing
Dates & Times:
This course runs one night a week for 4 weeks (10 hours total).
- Tuesday Aug 7 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Tuesday Aug 14 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Tuesday Aug 21 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
- Tuesday Aug 28 - 7:00 - 9:30pm
This course is presented by Coder's Craft and the Toronto User's Group for Powersystems (TUG).
Check out our other courses / events at