San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The public sector is becoming involved in an ever-increasing array of organizational improvement programs, high technology implementations, and new program implementations. Many otherwise competent managers are being forced to react to these changes through “crisis management”, resulting in far too much effort and resources being spent on otherwise controllable initiatives. This learning event teaches individuals the basic principals of project management based on the guidelines set by the Project Management Institute.
During this three-day workshop you will learn to effectively manage both simple and complex projects ranging from those requiring little time and resources, to those spanning many years. You will learn project management skills, concepts, and principles through a number of dynamic lectures, interactive class discussions, and practical hands-on activity-based learning exercises using a case study.
By The End of the Workshop You Will Be Able To:
- Define your project and organize a project team
- Plan the project to optimize successful completion within time and funding constraints
- Control the project, including adapting to changing personnel, time lines, and funding allocations
- Lead a project and/or be an effective project team member
You Will Learn To:
- Understand the project management process:
- Organize a project team
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOU's)
- Define your client and stakeholders
- Propose the project:
- Define the purpose of the project
- Outline the activities required to complete the project (project charter)
- Define the inputs and outputs for the project (scope statement, scoping the project)
- Plan the project:
- Determine risks and constraints for the project
- Logically define and organize the project activities (brainstorming, work breakdown structures)
- Effectively delegate the activities and reporting relationships (responsibility matrix)
- Establish the optimal sequence of activities (PERT/network diagrams)
- Efficiently estimate activity time-frames and scheduling (latest/earliest start/finish times, critical path, Gantt charts)
- Estimate the project costs (budgeting)
- Approve the project (preliminary project approval, effective project approval)
- Successfully manage the project:
- Critical path analysis, performance and status reports, project control process, change requests
- Maintain team motivation
- Close the project (project acceptance, closure report)
- Apply for your Project Management Professional(PMP®) designation through the Project Management Institute(PMI®)
- Identify features to look for in project management software (Microsoft Project software demonstration)
* PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Absolutely! We're happy to see anyone who wants to learn.
Can I update my registration information?
Anytime at all. Just call or email us and we will update your info.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. When we do attendance, we'll know it's you ;-)
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation or rescheduling of the workshop may be made (in writing) without penalty up to three business days before the course start date. Full invoice charges will be applied to any cancellation or rescheduling request made within three days of the course start date. However, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no additional charge. Please note that non-attendance at the workshop will result in full invoice charges. Should we be forced to cancel a workshop for any reason, liability is limited to reimbursement of paid registration fees.
Save This Event
When & Where
Performance Training Solutions
PTS provides classroom and online training for Canadian public and private sector employees. We specialize in improving your "core competencies" --- skills that professionals at every level need to have in order to succeed:
• "Time Management and Organizing Skills"
• “Implementing Performance Measurement - The Six Steps”
• "Efficiency and Operational Costing in Government"
• "Achieving Performance Alignment"
• "Improving your Communication Skills"
• "Introductory Project Management"
• "Administration Skills" (In-House only)
• "Introduction to Negotiation"
• "Dynamic Facilitation Skills" (In-House only)
• "Delivering Powerful Presentations" (In-House only)
Now, in its 18th year of operation, Performance Training Solutions have trained over 17,000 Government and private sector personnel and continue to offer public workshops in our Nation's capital AND online “webinars” available from coast-to-coast. Feedback received from each and every workshop attendee shows that, over the many hundreds of workshops held during the past eighteen years, the average overall level of customer satisfaction for our workshops is > 91%.
We will be introducing additional workshops in the coming months and look forward to seeing you there!