IT Virtualization Boot Camp - Saturday, February 11
Saturday, 11 February 2012 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PST)
Vancouver, British Columbia
Want to get hands-on with Microsoft’s Virtualization technologies including Hyper-V? Interested in configuring a highly-available virtualization infrastructure? Have you wondered how to configure and use an iSCSI-based storage server? Curious how Windows Failover Clustering can help you get a good night’s sleep? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you need to be at the IT Virtualization Boot Camp.
The IT Virtualization Boot Camp provides a fun and collaborative environment where you will get hands-on experience to:
- Prepare your Windows Server-based computer for virtualization
- Configure an iSCSI storage server
- Create a Windows Failover Cluster
- Make Hyper-V virtual machines highly available and using Live Migration to move running workloads between hosts with no loss in client connectivity
- Integrate non-Microsoft-based virtual machines into your cluster
- See how Windows Failover Clustering can help to make dealing with hardware failure easier
We will even bring the computers you will use to get hands on with Microsoft Virtualization in a fun team environment.
When: Saturday February 11, 2012
Session starts at 10am and ends at 4pm.
Registration and snacks begin at 9:30am. Lunch will be provided.
Where: 1111 West Georgia, Ground Floor – Georgia Room, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $25. Proceeds from this event will go towards funding future VANTUG events.