You are a powerful person (most people just don't know it). Even small actions can make a big difference. Come to this engaging workshop and meet with other people in your community who want to learn how to make a difference in the lives of older adults and prevent abuse before it happens.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the warning signs of abuse
- Respond safely and supportively
- Identify local resources for help
When & Where
It's Not Right!
"It's Not Right!" Neighbours, Friends & Families for Older Adults is changing the social norms for bystanders of abuse of older adults.
The Centre for Research & Education on Violence against Women & Children has partnered with passionate professionals and advocates across Canada to develop materials that will:
- Engage and prepare bystanders (neighbors, friends and family members) to take safe and effective action when they see warning signs of abuse of older adults.
- Train elder abuse awareness leaders in all provinces/territories to deliver the intervention workshop. The workshop DVD and training manual will be available online.
- Change the social norm for bystanders from social tolerance of abuse to social responsibility.