Join WWF-Canada for Earth Hour celebrations in Riverside on Sat, March 29th
Saturday, 29 March 2014 from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
Earth Hour is an opportunity to reflect and think about what climate change means to you—and to stand up for the future you want. This year, stand up with your community.
Join WWF-Canada for Earth Hour celebrations in Riverside on Saturday, March 29th, starting with an afternoon of fun-filled and free activities for the entire family. And end the evening with an outdoor concert with music and special speakers. It will be a great evening for the whole family. We hope to see you there!
Riverside Community Activities Activites:
- 2-5pm | Free Family Friendly Lantern Making Workshop at OMA Chiropractic (2 Munro at Queen E)
- 4:00pm | Free Environmental ArtWalk start at macFAB home store (755 Queen St E)
- 4-6pm | Free Workshop/Demonstration at Dimensions Framing (732 Queen St E)
- Concert kick off with the GLO Show Choir at Queen St. E and Saulter St. |
- | Remarks
- | Lights off countdown
- Visit wwf.ca/earthhour | Musical performance by the Lucas Stagg Band for more information
2-5pm - Free Family Friendly Lantern Making Workshop by Riverside Green Initiative at Oma Chiropractic - (corner of Queen & Munro St). Families can drop-in to OMA Chiropractic between 2-5pm to make a colourful kids lantern craft for Earth Hour! Learn more about the Riverside Community Garden and other green initiatives happening in Riverside
4-6pm -Free Workshop/Demonstation at Dimensions Framing -(732 Queen St E). Create paper from Milk Cartons - by established Mixed Media Artist Janet F. Potter. Janet's workshop and exhibit is at Dimensions Custom Framing & Gallery - Riverside's preeminent destination for exceptional custom framing and fine art.
4pm - Free Envirnomental ArtWalk starting at macFAB home store -(755 Queen St E), tour various businesses along Queen St East.Finishing at Studio 756 (756 Queen E) where you can meet several of the artists. Environmental themed exhibits from the Artist Network - Walk led by Artist Network
8:30 - 9:30 pm (Earth Hour) - Free Yoga by Candlelight at energyXchange - 698 Queen St E. Spend Earth hour doing your mind and body good at the Free Yoga Class - by Candlelight. Thanks to the team at energyXchange for opening up your studio.
Earth Hour Outdoor Concert - Street Level at Queen & Saulter - just outside the Ralph Thornton Centre at 765 Queen St East. The GLO Show Choir from the Etobicoke School of the Arts will kick off the evening, followed by special appearances from David Miller, President and CEO of WWF-Canada, the WWF Panda mascot and more. The lights off countdown will take place at , when the Lucas Stagg Band will perform the Earth Hour Anthem. Bring your family and friends and don’t forget your lantern and reusable mug (free refreshments!).
PROMOTIONS AND ACTIVITES BY RIVERSIDE BUSINESSES:
In addition to the above activites, here are some of the promotions happening in Riverside on March 29th
Belly Dancing - while Balancing Candles at Tabule Middle Eastern Cuisine Across the from the Earth Hour Mainstage is Tabule Middle Eastern Cuisine at 810 Queen E. Before, During and After Earth Hour experience their award winning service and cuisine. Starting at 8:30pm entertainment will include Belly Dancing, while balancing Candles!
Free Shave and Shoulder Massage - for customer's visiting Broadview Beauty Shop. Pop in an meet George the Barber, who has been servicing customers on Queen St E for 50 years. George is an iconic figure in Riverside - he is often showcased in movies and TV shows looking for a "good oldfashioned barber". To be eligible for your free Shave and Shoulder Massage, mention you saw this Earth Hour promotion on-line.
Extended Shopping hours (until Earth Hour 8:30pm) at Olive & Olives - just 2 doors East of the Earth Hour Mainstage - visit this much sought after purveyor of artisan olive oil, olives, manuka honey, exotic spices and more.
12 x $12 Promotion In-Store at Mary MacLeod's Shortbread 639 Queen St E 12 shortbread cookies for $12, with $1 going to Evergreen Charity promoting Green Cities.
Brunch service with Children under-10 Eat Free Promotion at Prohibition Gastrohouse - during the day of Mar 29th at 696 Queen St E
Earth Friendly Cup Give-away from Pulp Kitchen (717 Queen E) during the day
and more Earth Hour Promotions from:
Ansibin Pub (SW corner of Queen & Broadview) - Earth Hour specials with dimmed lights
Burger Shoppe (688 Queen E)- watch for details on a special Earth Burger - created by just for the event!
PicNik Wine Bar (747 Queen E)- Earth Hour specials while the lights are dimmed
Butchers of Distinction - (738 Queen E) - will dim their lights in the evening and feature their always earth friendly local sourced superior meats.
Keep checking this page for more
When & Where
Riverside Toronto: Between the DVP and Queen Street Bridge and Empire Eve Along Queen Street East
- Riverside, although known for its heritage buildings, award-winning restaurants, and the street that inspired the cult classic Degrassi TV series, Riverside’s secret also lies in its artisans and community builders of many sorts in Toronto’s east end. Historic Riverside is located on Queen Street East from the DVP to Empire Ave is a well-established contemporary commercial district with strong historical ties.
- Riverside has evolved from a local city centre to a destination for urbanites who love balanced, connected and engaging business.
- Riverside’s emerging loft communities on Broadview and the arrival of home design and fashion boutiques and cafes on Queen have made the Riverside an exciting shopping and business destination. Exclusive home decor shops, alluring art galleries and charming dining options for all palates.
- Riverside, Explore over 4 acres of parks in down town Toronto, visit our 2 community centres and the best branch of the Toronto Public Library or take in an indie concert at The Opera House. Make sure you walk on world famous Degrassi Street. Shop, dine, play...discover a genuine neighborhood in Toronto’s East End.