Learn to Hand Embroider
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Curious about the world of needle craft? Come participate in a one-night-only embroidery workshop!
kwartzlab's current artist-in-residence Agnes Niewiadomski will teach you the basics of hand embroidery. No prior experience required!
ADDED WORKSHOP BONUS: make your own reusable heat transfer patterns using a Silhouette SD machine (its like a Cricut, but way better!). Choose from an existing library of designs, create your own with the Studio software, or bring an existing .dxf file (all objects must be ungrouped before saving as a .dxf)!
What you will learn:
- how to choose and prep your fabric for stitching
- how to use a heat transfer
- how to prep and condition your floss
- basic stitches (split stitch, back stitch, stem stich, satin stich...more stiches will be taught on request!)
- how to tie off and finish your threads
What you will come away with:
- your own 4" high quality plastic embroidery hoop
- stitching samplers
- reusable heat transfer patterns- designed by you!!
- needle and floss
- extra material to keep practising with
- confidence in your stitching skills!
- Inspiration for future projects!
Workshop material fee: $10, payable at the door.
Workshop is limited to 10 people. If you need to cancel your reservation please do so ASAP so that others can join in.