Les Dames d'Escoffier Chefs' Table Dine Around
Wednesday, 14 August 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's one of the most fun and best value culinary fundraisers of the year. The Les Dames d’Escoffier Dine Around. Over twenty restaurants, vineyards, gardens and cooking schools from Vancouver to Whistler, Victoria to Kelowna, North Vancouver to White Rock each donating one “table” for a concurrent dinner party. Same night. Same time. Same price. Just $69 per person including wine. You choose the restaurant. We choose the menu and the wine.
Each restaurant is priced exactly the same, with each restaurant donating the food menu and table and a winery donating the wine. Gratuity is not included. Restaurants have designed their menu to highlight their own cuisine, so please note this is a night to celebrate food and although health related allergies will be taken into consideration, the menus are set so no special requests can be accommodated.
Your table may be in the dining room or it may be in a very special location like the kitchen or wine room. For those locations offering an outdoor dining experience, particularly in the form of a “picnic” dinner, guests will be informed so as to dress appropriately.
Choose a new restaurant or one of your favourites. Buy a couple of seats at the table, or take the entire table. Some venues have donated 4 seats, some 6, some 8. Each restaurant is priced exactly the same. Les dames members Sea Cider and Spierhead Winery as well as Quails' Gate are just some of the wineries joining us this year.
Both restaurant and winery are donating 100% of the food, service and wine, so all proceeds from the dinners will be donated to Les Dames d’Escoffier, BC Chapter, for scholarship and outreach funding. We kindly ask therefore that you do tip your server.
Additionally, a gourmet raffle will be held featuring select Les Dames d’Escoffier member products, all tickets except the Vancouver Island Fest of Fields tickets are also available online. Tickets will drawn that night both online and live at an after party at the Hamilton Street Grill in Yaletown. All dames, chefs, restaurateurs and guests are invited! See seperate ticket sales:
1. Go Wild-Get Cooking - a Dirty Apron cooking class, 2 $50 GCs from Hill's Foods, the best fresh organic garlic from R&R Specialty Garlic, Quince Jelly from Quince Cooking Studio and a Global 8” Chef’s Knife Value - $400
2. Island Gourmet Trails, a culinary tour for two of the Comox Valley – Value $250
3. Raincoast Crisps Gift Bag - includes cookbook, crisps, cookies and more - Value $100
4. Gourmet Warehouse Gift Basket – includes The Butcher, Baker, Wine & Cheesemaker cookbook - Value - $180
5. Original Cupcake Gear –two tea towels, cooking apron and potholder. $50
6. A Taste of BC Wine Country $100 Townhall/Leeann Froese
7. The Les Dames Cellar Collection, select wines and wine accouterments from various Dames $ 150.00+
8. Doug and Dame Diane Clement's newest book -Start Fresh!: Your Complete Guide to Mid-Lifestyle Food and Fitness and an Ironman sport watch $150
9. West Side Dining Story - $100 GC for Vij's or Rangoli, $100 GC for the Noodle Box - $100 GC for Shaughnessy Restaurant at Van Dusen
10. Dining out and about - $50 GC for Tapenade Bistro in Steveston $100 GC for the Pear Tree Restaurant - $100 GC for the Gramercy Grill – Value $250
Vancouver Island only
1. Two Tickets to the Vancouver Island Feast of Fields - Value $200.00
2. Silk Road Tea Gift Basket $ 50