North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day
Thursday, 23 October 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (EDT)
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Register by September 19th
for a chance to win an Apple iPad Air!
The North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day will deliver practical education sessions for health care professionals serving older adults across North Eastern Ontario.
The content and format of this refresher day will apply to individuals across health care spheres, including community professionals, allied health professionals, and physicians, as well as students and residents.
- A reduced registration rate is available for students. Please contact us for details.
- 75 hotel rooms are currently on hold at the conference hotel. Please reserve your room directly from the Comfort Suites over the phone (705) 942-2500. Refer to "refresher day conference" when making your reservation to access a discounted room rate.
- Use of your electronic ticket is preferred over a hard copy (requires compatible mobile device). An electronic ticket will be available to you once your registration is complete.
- Printed conference packages, including programs, schedules, and speaker notes, will not be provided. Attendees will be responsible for printing the materials they wish to bring to the conference. Every effort will be made to provide electronic copies of presentation slides in advance of the conference.
- Dietary restrictions and other accommodations will be collected when completing your registration.
- Conference sessions are provided in English only.
Melanie Brouillard or Adam Day
North East Specialized Geriatric Services
nesgs.rgp [at] nbrhc.on.ca
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Driving: Get directions from Google Maps. Parking is available on site.
- Flying: Travel with Porter, Air Canada Express, or Bearskin Airlines to the Sault Ste. Marie Airport. The Comfort Suites is about a 20 minute drive from the airport. Drive, hail a cab, or take public transit.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- We are trying to operate a paperless event. Therefore, laptops and tablets are encouraged. We will work to have speaker notes available before the conference. It is up to you to print what you wish to have with you.
- Participants will receive an electronic program. Please print and bring your own if you wish to have a hard copy.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please direct any questions to Adam Day or Melanie Brouillard via email to nesgs.rgp [at] nbrhc.on.ca or by phone to 1-866-551-6501.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. Follow the directions provided to you in your confirmation email or with your e-ticket. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Follow the directions provided to you in your confirmation email or with your e-ticket to log back into Eventbrite.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. In fact, we would prefer you arrive with an electronic ticket on your mobile device. If your mobile device is not supported please do print and bring your ticket with you.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are available. Follow the directions provided to you in your confirmation email or with your e-ticket to log back into Eventbrite.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
We would prefer that ticket and registration information is up to date. If someone bought your ticket for you they should have completed the attendee registration information with your personal details. If a ticket was transferred to you, it should have been updated. Please let us know if you have any questions or require assistance.
When & Where
North East Specialized Geriatric Services & Algoma Geriatric Clinic
North East Specialized Geriatric Services and the Algoma Geriatric Clinic, in partnership with the Alzheimer Society of Sault Ste. Marie, Behavioural Supports Ontario, and the Canadian Red Cross are pleased to deliver the North East Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day.