San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
PSB Social Media Case Competition 2016
Sell Your Ideas to a Real Life Client
Are you looking to develop your business portfolio? Want to experience the adrenaline of a real business scenario? Do you want to compete against Sheridan's best?
The 2016 PSB Social Media Competition is happening at HMC this October!
This amazing opportunity is available to all business students, this includes all Diploma, BBA and Post Grad students!
On your own or with a partner, students will create a competitive social media strategy to meet the needs of a local client. Upon registration, students will be given the company brief to begin preparing their client presentation. On October 1st teams will present their final recommendation during a 10 minute presentation to a panel of judges as well as have a 5 minute question and answer period.
The competition will consist of a preliminary round consisting of three (3) leagues with the top two (2) teams advancing into the final round. Teams who are selected to advance into the final round will have time to incorporate the judge's feedback and make changes to their presentation.
- Gain real world experience by working with an existing client
- Enhance your presentation and team work skills outside of the classroom
- The PSB Social Media Case Competition can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) once you have completed a total of 10 hours of work (this includes your prep work outside of the competition as well as the time spent at the event)
- It is an excellent addition to your resume and portfolio
Social media marketing has the potential to increase awareness of the client, engage existing patrons, and attract new patrons to unique cultural experiences. The social media plan could address any or all of the following topics:
- How can the client grow and retain existing customers?
- Does the client have the correct mix of social media platforms?
- How should each platform be used? Content strategy?
- How can the client increase its reach?
- How can the client increase its engagement?
- What specific campaigns could be implemented?
As you create your ideas, please be specific with respect to implementation, timeframes, and budget.
Full client brief will be sent to all teams on September 23. Any teams that register after September 23, will receive the client brief upon registration.
Please note: All teams are required to pay a deposit of $5.00 per team member upon registration. Any teams that attend the case competition or cancel within 48 hours of notice will have their deposit refunded.
This event is only open to students who are enrolled at Sheridan College.