School's Out: Repurposing Surplus Schools as Cultural Spaces
Wednesday, 6 November 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM (EST)
Artscape is pleased to announce the final webinar in its 2013 webinar series, “School's Out: Repurposing Surplus Schools as Cultural Spaces”.
Join us to explore:
- How have surplus schools been repurposed for arts and cultural uses in Canada and the US?
- What are the benefits of repurposing school buildings for arts and cultural use?
- What are the unique challenges to be faced in repurposing surplus schools, and how do I tackle them?
- Schools hold an important place in their communities – how do I engage the community in the process of redevelopment?
- What partnerships and collaborations can successfully support the repurposing of surplus schools for arts and cultural use?
- How do I develop the “project vision” for the space?
This event is being offered as part of a FREE Artscape webinar series, "New Models for Cultural Space Development". Powered by Artscape, in partnership with ArtsBuild Ontario.
Artscape is a not-for-profit organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities.
About ArtsBuild Ontario
ArtsBuild Ontario is dedicated to realizing long-term solutions to building, managing and financing the sustainable arts facilities needed in Ontario’s communities.