San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Shameless magazine is holding its first ever silent auction and fundraising gala! Come bid on some incredible items, enjoy excellent performers and help support our volunteer-run magazine for teen girls and trans youth.
Items will include:
- A two-week gluten cleanse with nutritionist Meghan Telpner (www.meghantelpner.com)
- A three-hour session with Ro Velasquez, Toronto birthing doula (www.radgirldoula.tumblr.com)
- Two season passes to the Toronto Roller Derby (www.torontorollerderby.com/cnpower.php)
- A site-specific mural by international artist Coco Riot, who's shown in contemporary art museums and at political events (www.cocoriot.com/art/los-fantasmas/)
- A bra and knickers set by local designers Fortnight Lingerie, featured in Toronto Fashion Week (www.fortnightlingerie.com/collection)
- A custom-designed skateboard by Oasis Skateboard Factory (www.oasisskateboardfactory.blogspot.ca)
- A one hour portrait photography session with Jennifer Rowsom (www.jenniferrowsom.com)
- Two passes to a macrobiotics cooking class at She Cooks Macro (www.shecooksmacro.com)
- Goodie package from Come As You Are (www.comeasyouare.com)
- First solo album and signed book of lyrics & poetry by John K Samson of The Weakerthans (www.johnksamson.com)
- Three hours with local jazz band Tesseract, a local jazz group that has opened for the likes of Wynton Marsalis, to play your dinner party or special event.
- Movie passes, jewelry by local artists and so much more!!
PLUS we'll raffle two tickets to Nightwood Theatre's The Penelopiad, written by Margaret Atwood and starring Meghan Follows.
We'll have delicious food by The Afghan Women's Catering Group, the musical stylings of DJ Mizz Brown (nominated for Best Local DJ by NOW magazine) and cheap drinks!!
Every dollar – every last dollar – we raise from the auction goes directly to funding Shameless magazine, helping fuel our mission to bring needed alternative voices to the media landscape.Tickets will be $15 adv. or $20 at the door
We'll have good food, cheap drinks and fantastic auction items. See you there!
When: Thursday, Oct. 25th, 6:30 - 9 pm
Where: ING Direct Cafe (221 Yonge St.)
This event wouldn't be possible without the support of Steam Whistle Brewery, Rekai LLP and the Canadian Media Guild.
Venue is wheelchair accessible.