Brought to you by:
What is a Camp (or an UnConference)?
A Camp (or UnConference) is highly conversational, experiential, hands-on and content is audience driven. A Camp is not a traditional conference because participants are expected to take an extremely active role, and have the ability to customize the experiential path that they take. They are also the creators of the event content—i.e. attendees are topic presenters, and presenters are attendees. Essentially each camp will ultimately take on a unique flavor of its own by virtue of the collective audience and their level of interest, engagement and involvement.
During the course of a Camp there are many sessions taking place at one time, however, conversation is not restricted to those physically present in the room. Social media platforms, notably Twitter enable conversations to be had in a public forum so others not in attendance can participate.
You are encouraged to respectfully debate, disagree, agree, idealize, brainstorm and challenge one another.
The theme of SocialHRCamp is integrating and leveraging social media within the Human Resources function to create unparalleled business value. SocialHRCamp will have 2 tracks: beginner and advanced with each session being 45 minutes in length. However, mega-sessions will be integrated into each Camp as appropriate that are 1-hour long. Session leaders/speakers will range in expertise and profile within the business community.
SocialHRCamp will be an amazing opportunity for HR practitioners to learn, exchange ideas and share their own experiences with peers and social media experts. You will walk away from an incredible Camp experience with new ideas and knowledge that you'll be able to put into action immediately within your own work. After all, you get to create your own learning path depending on your comfort level with social media and unique interests.
SocialHRCamp Vancouver Topics
- State of the Recruiting/HR Industry
- Facebook 101 (beginner)
- Getting Started with Twitter (beginner)
- Keep it Simple YouTube (beginner)
- LinkedIn 101 (beginner)
- Leading Authentic in Social Media: Engaging w/ Ease (beginner)
- The Basics in Blogging (beginner)
- Social Recruiting 101 (beginner)
- Recruiting Gen Y (beginner and advanced sessions)
- Social Starts w/ Your Employees - Listen. Engage. Grow (advanced)
- Making Your Next Hire Socially (advanced)
- Internal Social Media (advanced)
- Advanced Twitter (advanced)
- YouTube Advanced (advanced)
- Business Blogging: Moving, School & Finding Your Voice (advanced)
- Social Selling (mega-session)
- Branding is an Inside Job (mega-session)
- Bringing it All Together: Putting Social Media Into Practice - @ Work & In Life (mega-session)
- Camp Session Leaders
- Nick Kellet - Co-founder: List.ly
- Kevin Grossman - Chief Strategy Officer: HRMarketer.com
- Salima Nathoo - Founder/Chief Igniter & Authentic Leadership Conversation Facilitator:GLOW Consulting
- Rebecca Coleman - Social Media Marketing Strategist: Rebecca Coleman Marketing & Media Relations
- Avi Lambert - Strategic Social Communication, Social Technology and Media Consulting
- Andrea Shillington - Founder: Brands for the people
- Geoff Webb - CEO: SocialHR
- Yume Tabo - Social Media Maven/Details Developer: Nurse Next Door Home Care Services
- Heather Clifford - Founder/Owner: Keep It Simple Social Media
- Jeff Waldman - Founder: SocialHRCamp
- Stephen Jagger - Entrepreneur: Payroll Hero, Ubertor, Reachd.com, OutsourcingThings.com
- Jane Boyd - CEO: Work, Family & Life Consulting
- Kerrilee Auger - Managing Partner, CEO: InstaPulse
- Jade Bourelle - CEO & Chairman: Talent Technology
- Kemp Edmonds - Consultant, Speaker, Educator & Creator: Hootsuite
- Lexi Kubrak - Manager, Business Development - SocialHR
- Jen Watkiss - Marketing & Social Media Manager: Talent Technology