Frequently Asked Questions
By when do I have to buy my ticket?
Our cutoff is Wednesday at 8pm.
What happens at this event?
You will meet a bunch of good people who what to send business to you!
BNI Rocky Mountain Thnuder is a group business people who meet every Thursday morning at Gasoline Alley in Heritage Park. Some are sales professionals and others are business owners. Each week we have over 30 members and their guests. Typically 35-40 business professionals are in the room.
Please arrive by 6:45 am. You will be welcomed by chapter members who will find you a seat and introduce you to other chapter members. You'll have the opportunity to meet several people. Then enjoy a buffet breakfast, served just before the meeting begins promptly at 7:05 a.m.
The agenda is consistent each week, and so there are several regular sections to the meeting.
Two chapter members do a 5-minute 'feature presentation.' This tells us more about their business. The more we know, the more we can find referrals for one another.
Each chapter member will do his or her 30-second weekly presentation describing some aspect of their products or services, and who a good referral would be. Visitors like you will also have this opportunity, so come prepared! (See What should be in my weekly presentation?, below.)
The "I have" portion of the meeting is the most important. Members stand up and report the referrals they have for other members, their meetings with other members during that week, testimonials, and then report on their closed business during the last week as a result of referrals they received.
We finish promptly at 8:30 a.m.
Why should I attend?
There are four possible reasons you would want to attend our weekly meeting:
- You are interested in finding a great group of like-minded people who can find you business through referrals. You might be interested in becoming a member.
- You are interested in BNI and want to see how it works.
- You were invited by a chapter member to see his or her showcase presentation.
- You are a member of another BNI chapter and would like to know how Rocky Mountain Thunder works.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring 40-50 business cards, a 30-second introduction of your business and a willingness to have fun. We are serious business people, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
We complete meetings right on time at 8:30 am (as they do every week). It'd be great if you brought referrals in for our members, but we don't expect it.
What should be in my infomercial?
That depends if your business category is open. Please click here to view the business categories held by our current members.
1. If your category is open — You've got 30 seconds to tell us about yourself, so that's a mere 75 words or so. We recommend you write it out and practice it the night before so you'll have the maximum impact. Here's a format that might help: i) your name, ii) your business's name, iii) what your business does (e.g. pool cleaning), iv) one major benefit you provide (e.g. "We take away the worry about maintaining your pool.", v) who a good referral would be (e.g. A pool owner who travels a lot.), vi) repeat your name and business name.
2. If your category is already held by a member — We ask you to respect the no-competition aspect so rightly famous in BNI. Just tell us your name and business's name, what you do, mention that you know the category is already taken, and then tell us why you visited us this morning.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. When you register, we order your meal, make a nameplate and set you a place. So you need to use that ticket for the day you have reserved.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes please! It really helps smooth your check-in process. Don't forget to keep a copy; the cost is deductible!
What is the refund policy?
Your ticket covers the cost of the meeting. The networking, the experience and any business you might receive are FREE. By purchasing a ticket you show you are as committed to attending as are the members. Refunds will not be granted except for very unique circumstances as determined by the chapter leadership team.
Save This Event
When & Where
BNI Rocky Mountain Thunder
Rocky Mountain Thunder is one of Calgary's leading Business Referral Groups, with over 30 business professionals who meet each and every week.
Business owners were asked:
- How do you find your best clients/customers?
- 95% they recieve their best customers from referrals
- Do you have a system in place to generate these customers?
- less than 5% said they had a system
Do you hav a system in place to generate consisitent client referrals? If no, we can help!
We are a bunch of business professionals, who are actively generating leads and referrals for one another. In 2014 we referred over $1.4 million of closed business to each other and our goal for this year is to generate over $2.0 million of closed business referred among our members.
What does that really me? A goal of $2,000,000 of closed business for our group would mean that each member would generate an average of $57,000 of closed business from referrals generated through the other members of Rocky Mountain Thunder.
Wouldn't you like to have 30+ other business owners looking for leads and referrals for you? How would your business look next year if you received an additional $57,000 of closed business over the next 12 months?
We welcome business professionals, serious about growing their business. Professionals who have high standards and who believe that Givers Gain. We welcome professionals who provide top quality service, who are accountable to what they say and congruent with what they do.
We meet at the Gasoline Alley, in Heritage Park every Thursday Morning from 6:45am to 8:30am.
Get a great start to a high energy day.