San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It's a gift - from the heart, for the heart... & an evening to remember in support of Heart & Stroke's The Heart Truth!
- Six women chefs! Six heart-healthy gourmet dishes!
- Doreen Prei - Edmonton Petroleum Club
- Jasmin Laderoute - MKT
- Jenny Stang - Edmonton Petroleum Club
- Joelle Sparvier - Public House
- Lianna Robberecht - Calgary Petroleum Club
- Sarah Masters-Phillips - Belgravia Hub
- Tracy Zizek - Café de Ville, 124 Street
- Six companies providing suitable pairing drinks!
- Appellation Wine Marketing
- Celestial Wine & Spirits
- Chateau St. Jean
- Pacific Wine & Spirits
- Vendemmia International Wines Inc.
- Three local fashion designers! Six red dresses!
- Denni - Secretly Sinful
- Lisa-Marie Couture - www.Lisa-Marie.ca
- Rebecka Pichoch - My Secret
- MC: Mairlyn Smith, of City Line and Second City Comedy Troupe graduate!
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio compliments Jazz Festival
- Decore: Creative Heart-Healthy Centrepieces compliments Cory Christopher
- One special chocolate heart from Jacek Chocolates
- Canola oil samples and tasting led by Barb Barnes
- The Heart Truth red dress pins
- Random draws for Mairlyn Smith's "Healthy Starts Here" and,
- Catherine Chan & Rhonda Bell's "Pure Prairie Eating Plan" as endorsed by Tim Caulfield's "Cures for Everything"
5:30 Welcome and pinning
5:45 Introductions and stroll of first of three fashion dresses
6:15 First set of 3 dishes, paired with 3 alcoholic beverages by 3 chefs will be served, with Q & A of the chefs by Mairlyn Smith
7:00 Second set of three fashion dresses and Q & A with the 3 designers
7:15 Two more dishes, paired with 2 alcoholic beverages will be served , with a canola oil tasting – once again with Q & A of the chefs by Mairlyn Smith
8:00 Formal program – introduction of the chefs, the committee and presentation of the donation cheque to the Edmonton Heart & Stroke Foundation
8:15 Opportunity to sample 3 dessert dishes with coffee or tea at your leisure
9:00 Gift bags! See you next year!
$25 from each ticket will be donated to: Heart & Stroke Foundation "The Heart Truth".
When & Where
Alberta Canola Producers Commission (ACPC)
The Alberta Canola Producers Commission (ACPC), founded in 1989, was the province's first refundable checkoff producer organization. The mandate of the Commission, reflected in its mission statement, is to increase the long term profitability of Alberta canola growers through research, promotional activities, consumer and producer education programs, and policy development. The Commission in no way regulates or is involved with the production, buying or selling of canola.