Who Should Attend
Workers and managers in professional service industries, considering or pursuing an alternative path to agiility. Applying Kanban at the team level gets the team's invisible work organized, gives people relief from overburdening so that they can get things done with quality and pride of workmanship.
You can take this class and a more advanced, 2-day Kanban System Design class back-to-back during the same week in Waterloo.
Team offer: register four participants from the same company, the fifth one can attend for free. If you have a group of 10 or more, please contact us for a quote for a private class.
- Sustainability agenda, Kanban principles and practices
- Basic Kanban concepts, such as the visual board, WIP, and local cycle time metric
- Conducting Kanban-style standup meetings and replenishment
- Kanban board designs, WIP limits and risks
- Proto-Kanban patterns and their benefits
- Limitations of team-level Kanban, understanding full Kanban systems, service-orientation, what more can be done with Kanban for customer satisfaction and business performance and how to proceed there
This training class is certified by Lean Kanban University (LKU) as TKP level training. Participants receive standard LKU certificates of class completion. LKU awards the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential to those successfully completed this class.
- Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading Kanban experts and validated in hundreds of training classes around the world.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, budget or getting others to change
- You get a trainer who is the first LKU accredited trainer in Ontario, a long-time user and coach of the method, someone who is respected in Kanban communities around the world, and knows the stuff.
- Private on-site and semi-private training classes are also available, upon request. Check out the list of all our current public training offerings.
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- The "buy 4, get 1 free" offer applies to the listed public prices and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes if registrations are insufficient.
Save This Event
When & Where
Lean A-to-Z, Inc.
Alexei Zheglov is recognized by Lean Kanban University (LKU) as a Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) and is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) - the first one in Central Canada. He brings to the table two decades' experience in computer software industry and a decade of process improvement.
Alexei founded Lean A-to-Z, Inc. to bring Lean product development and Kanban to intellectual organizations who seek these modern management ideas and pragmatic guidance to improve their high-technology businesses. As the firm's principal consultant, he has consulted and trained professionals, managers and executives in Canada, the US, Europe, Asia and South America. His clients represent a wide range of industries, including software, IT, biotechnology, financial services, education and transportation.
Alexei is well respected in the Kanban expert community, speaks frequently at international Lean Kanban conferences and keeps a blog at connected-knowledge.com.