The Cascadia Summit- Seattle Pitch Competition
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM (PST)
Organized by Launch Academy and GrowLab, the Cascadia Summit is a high energy pitch competition that connects entrepreneurs from across BC, Washington, and Oregon with each other and showcase their startups to investors, VIPs, and industry professionals. The Cascadia Summit unites a dynamic community of entrepreneurs and investors to discuss big ideas, formulate solutions, and disrupt marketplaces.
Presenting companies include winners from Launch Academy’s DemoDay, Companies from GrowLab’s latest cohort, as well as confirmed teams from Kelowna and Seattle with others being confirmed!
In this high-energy event, companies will have 60 seconds to tell you what exciting ideas they've been working on. The crowd votes for their favorite startups. The finalists will get to present a 2-min pitch where they will showcase their product/services in more depth to a panel of experienced judges.
Judges will choose the winners who will recieve cash prizes!
We would be honoured to welcome you as our special guest. Please join us on Tuesday, November 27th and see the best and brightest startup minds in the Cascadia region!
6:15 pm- Doors Open
6:30 pm- Food and beverages served, networking
7:00 pm- Pitch Competition
8:45 pm- Judging and Networking
Launch Academy DemoDay Winners:
- Nanu Interactive (First Place): develops applications that add sharing and magic to family activities.
- myBestHelper (Second Place): helps families find, book and pay trusted childcare that best meets their needs- on demand and on the go!
- Thinkific (Third Place): offers online and mobile courses for professionals.
- ePACT is an emergency network that leverages the power of online networking to connect organizations and individuals, share information, and communicate before, during, and after crises.
- Good Momming! gives personalized baby feeding and growth recommendations to new parents. Recommendations are personalized, accessible via mobile, and available in real time.
- Karma Hire is a cloud recruitment suite for the world’s fastest growing companies to source, screen, and hire better talent.
- Procurify is a spend management solution for organizations of all sizes. It is an online software that is easy-to-use, secure, and cost effective.
- SpaceList makes it easy to find the perfect office, retail or warehouse space. SpaceList brings all of Canada's commercial real estate listings together in one place so you can quickly find a great space for your business.
- Kiind is a gift management system for professionals and busineses to send and source gifts for their stakeholders, and track data points to make better gift decisions.
- RewardsDen is the first instant Real World Rewards Program which deploys a tightly integrated reward program to its members in minutes with no development or marketing costs.
- Media Cooler connects journalists and their content with Publishers through an a-la-carte online marketplace.
- Exo Labs Inc. is a company that cretaes innovative products that add functionality to mobile devices.
- Suncrest Farms is a "local-footprint," low-carbon hydroponic farming business that cultivates and sells branded, premium-quality greens and produce 365 days a year, within 100 miles of major urban centres across the United States and around the world.
- SuperCritical Technologies builds modular, compact power plants to provide clean, ubiquitous, and reliable electricity to meet the world's growing energy needs.
- TalkToTheManager utilizes the use of text messaging to anonymously inform business owners of customer comments to address customer service, product, and facility issues instantly.
- Utrip is an online platform that enhances the overall planning, travel and sharing experiences of the modern traveler by making all aspects of the travel experience simple, enjoayble, and extremely personal.
- AppThwak is an online tool that provides rapid, automated app testing on 90+ real devices. They run default and custom tests, and for web apps they render a given site on multiple browsers.
- Brand Live uses live video and chat to create a customer to brand interaction that you would typically experience in a retail store, meeting or presentation.
About Launch Academy:
Launch Academy is a pre-accelerator program that helps entrepreneurs execute on their startups through education, mentorship, lean metrics and networking opportunities. Launch Academy has established a collaborative environment where ideas are vetted, business models are tested and successes are celebrated.
GrowLab is a startup accelerator. It provides entrepreneurs with seed funding, office space and four months of intensive mentorship through a global network of successful startup veterans.
The Cascadia Summit is made possible by a group of innovative industry leaders. A big thank you to all our sponsors and partners!