The Startup Kids Hamilton Screening Event
Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Join us Thursday, January 17th to be inspired by some of the biggest startups and entrepreneurs around the world, and have a chance to mingle with fellow entrepreneurs here in our great city.
Doors open 6:30pm, event starts 7pm.
Innovation Factory, kitestring creative branding studio, Fullerton Media, and Mohawk College have teamed up to host a screening of The Startup Kids. After watching the trailer for this film, we knew it had to be shown here in Hamilton and saw the opportunity to bring together the best and brightest of Hamilton's entrepreneur and startup community.
The Startup Kids is a documentary about young web entrepreneurs in the U.S. and Europe. It contains interviews with the founders of Vimeo, SoundCloud, Kiip, Dropbox, and many others who talk about how they started their company and their lives as an entrepreneur.
The movie is made by two Icelandic entrepreneurs, Vala Halldorsdottir and Sesselja Vilhjalmsdottir, who founded their first company shortly after the economic collapse of Iceland and wanted to motivate other young people to become entrepreneurs.
The film will be screened at the beautiful McIntyre Performing Arts Centre at Mohawk College!
ENTREPRENEURS YOU'LL HEAR FROM IN THE FILM:
- Loic Le Meur – Founder of Seesmic and LeWeb
- Sam Lessin – Founder of Drop.io, currently Product Manager at Facebook
- Brian Wong – Founder of Kiip
- Alexander Ljung – Founder of Soundcloud
- Jessica Mah – Founder of Indinero
- Leah Culver – Founder of Grove
- Ben Way – Founder of Rainmakers
- Zach Klein – Founder of Vimeo
- Tim Draper – VC and partner at Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Drew Houston – Founder of Dropbox
- Kristian Segerstrale – Founder of Playfish
- Daniel Levine – VC at Accel Partners
- Hermione Way – Founder of Newspepper and Video Director for the Next Web
- Mike Butcher – European Editor of Techcrunch
- Carter Cleveland – Founder of Art.sy
- Ping Li – VC and partner at Accel Partners
- MG Siegler – VC, partner at CrunchFund and writer for TechCrunch
- Ben Tompkins – Investor at Eden Ventures
- Bryce Roberts – VC at O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures
- Morten Lund – Early investor in Skype
- Alexa Andrzejewski – Founder of Foodspotting
- James Lindenbaum – Founder of Heroku
- Trip Adler – Founder of Scribd
LOCAL "HAMILTON ENTREPRENEUR PANEL" AFTERWARDS!
But what about locally here in Hamilton? We've put together a panel of 7 successful entrepreneurs and business owners in Hamilton that will be speaking at the event in what we're calling the "Entrepreneur Panel". The panel will be moderated by Chris Farias from kitestring creative branding studio.
A big thank you to our event sponsors that have allowed us to offer this event free-of-charge.
kitestring creative branding studio - http://www.kitestring.ca
Kitestring is a smart and small branding studio in Hamilton that’s bursting with ideas and brimming with passion. The team at Kitestring work collectively to tell vivid brand stories in any colour imaginable. Thanks to Kitestring for their support!
Innovation Factory - http://www.innovationfactory.ca
Located in Hamilton, Ontario and networked across North America, Innovation Factory is a not-for-profit Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) funded by the Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE). Locally, Innovation Factory helps advance Hamilton's innovation community and serve as an inspiring, expert resource for entrepreneurs. Thanks to Innovation Factory for their support!
Mohawk College - http://www.mohawkcollege.ca
Last but not least thanks to Mohawk College and staff for kindly offering to host the event for us at their amazing McIntyre Theatre venue. Be sure to check out Mohawk's Small Business and Entrepreneurship Certificate program at the Fennell Campus. Thanks to Mohawk College for their support!
Chad Fullerton - Fullerton Media Inc.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
See the map below of the campus. Parking is $5
When & Where
Chad Fullerton is a digital marketing and design expert who works with small businesses to build their brand online. Learn more at http://www.chadfullerton.com