Tom Schlesinger's Creating Great Comedy Characters
Saturday, 17 August 2013 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, 18 August 2013 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
*THIS SEMINAR HAS BEEN POSTPONED PLEASE CONTACT MICHAEL SCHAUS FOR MORE INFORMATION.*
Creating Great Comedy Characters
for TV, films, web series, advertising and stand-up.
with Tom Schlesinger
August 17-18, 2013
The Working Group, 425 Adelaide St W #300
$350 (Early Bird $300)
Discover your inner Tina Fey, your inner Mel Brooks, or your inner Jon Stewart and create comedies that make people laugh, care, and feel more joy in their lives!
In this playful, energizing and rewarding weekend workshop, you will build a comic treasure chest of characters and stories from your own personal experiences -- the rich source material that you’ll express through films, television series, web series and video sketches.
You will learn:
- How chaos is a positive force in comedy
- How social fears are the reservoir for big laughs
- How high status – low status shapes comic relationships
- How to orchestrate comic characters by their archetypes
- How Core Triangles provide the DNA for comedy success
(20% off: DGC, WGC, CMPA, ACCT, ACTRA, AFC, TFC, DELUXE, & previous clients. Enter the code COMCHAR.)
(50% off: Students. Enter the code COMSTUDENT)
Tom Schlesinger teaches these workshops at Pixar Studios, Lucasfilm, the WGA, the DGA, and the American Film Institute.
"Tom’s wisdom, inspiration, and deep understanding of character and story continue to guide me on each screenwriting journey."
- Pamela Gray, screenwriter A Walk on the Moon
"Tom has the amazing ability to guide writers to a place of enhanced creativity."
- Michael Lehmann, director The Truth About Cats and Dogs
When & Where