Toronto Garlic Festival
Sunday, 22 September 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Toronto Garlic Festival is an annual food festival that features garlic farmers selling their Ontario garlic harvest, fresh prepared savoury and sweet garlic-inspired dishes prepared on the spot by top chefs, local vendors offering garlic confections, condiments and other specialty products and original, fun events including the Ontario Science Centre officiated Garlic Breath Contest and the Garlic Shot Station.
- selling rare and heirloom Ontario garlic
- selling delicious hot and cold servings of their signature garlic dish
- to spice up your food, at the garlic-shot station
, fudge and brittle, and garlic ice cream - created by local chocolatiers and pastry chefs
- including fermented drinks, homemade sodas, and garlic honey made from Toronto rooftop hives
, (with garlic popcorn!) by filmmaker Les Blank.
- officiated by the Ontario Science Centre
– featuring dozens of Ontario-made condiments for sale
- include Garlic as an Aphrodisiac, 50 Tastes of Garlic, How to Grow Great Garlic and, Is Garlic Good for your Pet?