UofT Social Spark and Ashoka Canada present The Changemaker Showcase
Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
Social Spark and Ashoka Canada present The Changemaker Showcase
Social Spark in partnership with Ashoka Canada and the Munk School of Global Affairs invite you to celebrate Changemaking!
28 March 2013, 6:30-8:30 PM
Vivian and David Campbell Conference Facility
Munk School of Global Affairs
6:30 - 7:00 - Registration/Meet & Greet
7:00 - 8:00 - Our Speakers
8:00 - 8:30 - Panel/ Q & A
Changemaker Showcase is a celebration of some of the brightest ideas and innovators!
Join us for an engaging discussion with our speakers!
- Tonya Surman, CEO, Centre for Social Innovation and Ashoka fellow
- Ferhan Bulca, a serial intrapreneur and creator/lead instructor of the Business Innovation certificate program at the University of Toronto
- Afshin Mousavian, Co-Organizer/Co-Chair of TEDxToronto
- Adam Spence, Manager, Special Projects at SiG@MaRS Discovery District
Curious about social entrepreneurship? Disruptive models? New ideas and social impact?
Come engage, network and learn from the movers and shakers in the social innovation and entrepreneurship industry and become part of a community of changemakers. Whether you're already making change happen or just looking to take the first step, the event will feature something for everyone!
What do you get out of it?
- Intimate discussion with the movers and shakers of the social entrepreneurship and innovation industry
- Networking with likeminded individuals who are passionate about changing the world
- Become part of a community of changemakers at Social Spark and Ashoka Canada
- Share, learn and connect with other students, mentors and champions in the University of Toronto community
Who are we?
A non-profit that aims to create change by cultivating a socially conscious and entrepreneurial spirit in youth. Through our various programs, we are, promoting the pursuit of sustainable solutions to complex social issues; engaging youth through hands-on opportunities to exercise their creativity, knowledge, and passion; and training the next generation of promising social entrepreneurs and leaders.
Ashoka Canada, supported by the Bombardier Foundation, is working with colleges and universities across Canada to help students answer that fundamental life question. We are collaborating with schools to improve educational opportunities for young changemakers, increase opportunities for applied learning and strengthen local ecosystems for social innovation.
Munk School of Global Affairs
The Munk School of Global Affairs is a professional degree granting interdisciplinary school focus on global issues. Its mission is to deeply integrate reserach on global affairs with teaching and public education drawing from outstanding faculty from across the University of Toronto and partners around the world.
When & Where
Social Spark is the hub for tomorrow’s social innovators and entrepreneurs. Check out our website: thesocialspark.org