Learn film production from the pros: This event is open to secondary and post-secondary film students.
This Saturday workshop teaches the tricks of the trade from film industry professionals.
- Great Movie Moments with Katherine Monk, National Film Reviewer for Postmedia
What are the elements of a great cinematic moment?
Learn the success and failure of a scene of a film.
- The Art of Visuals with Mark Gryski, CBC Vancouver Videographer
Videographer for Canada's national broadcaster knows how to tell the story with visuals.
- Modern Video Tactics with Josh Hite, Emily Carr University
Transitional photography to video technique.
- Finding Your Genre with Mark Yuen, Vancouver Sun Videographer
How to produce and execute: the importance of preproduction, how to assemble a crew, one-man band.
- The Character of An Animator and the Animation of A Character with Colin Giles, Senior Animation Instructor and Heather Garrow, Animation Instructor, Vancouver Film School
Explore creation of a character and the performance skills that bring a character to life.
Registration opens at 8:30 am.
The workshop wil be held in the South Building, Room 301 at Emily Carr University.
Subway lunch is included in your ticket price: a 6" sandwich, a cookie, a bag of chips, and a bottle of
About the Student Video Awards:
The Student Video Awards contest is open to all B.C. students in Grades 8 to 12.
The top films in each category are eligible to win 1 of 7 $1,000 prizes, courtesy of Emily Carr University of Art + Design Continuing Studies. Four Early Bird $500 prizes!
Categories: Documentary, Public Service Announcement, Animation, Music Video,Feature - Drama, Feature - Comedy and Fan Favourite.
Contest Early Bird deadline: February 15, 2013.
Contest Final deadline: April 19, 2013.