Winning HR Practices: A closer look at the 2012 Best Employers for New Canadians
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
Creative practices in recruiting and integrating skilled immigrants can build an organization’s brand as an employer of choice, helping them win the war for top talent, and lead to a more innovative and productive workforce.
Join us on March 21 for a webinar highlighting award-winning practices from the winners of the 2012 Best Employers for New Canadians competition.
- ESL training
- Wage subsidies and work placements
- Celebrating cultural differences
- Recruitment practices that focus on skills, not country of origin
- Cross-culturlal training for recruiters and employees
- New hire orientation and buddy system
- Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, editors of the Best Employers for New Canadians competition
- Helmut Hager and Cindy Laporte of TELUS Corporation
- Lianne Landry of NTT DATA Canada, Inc. (formerly Keane, Inc.)
To participate, you will need a computer with Internet access and a landline telephone.
Date: Wednesday March 21, 2012
Time: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. (ET)
Access Webinar: http://maytree.adobeconnect.com/befnc2012/. (Sign in as a "Guest".)
Dial-In Info: 1-866-388-0037#, Press 1# for English, then enter 154848#
hireimmigrants.ca offers online resources and HR tools to help employers recruit, retain and promote skilled immigrants.
hireimmigrants.ca is a project of ALLIES (Assisting Local Leaders with Immigrant Employment Strategies) which is run in partnership by Maytree and The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation.