WordPress for Beginners - July 6
Saturday, July 6, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
WordPress for Beginners (aka Website in a Day)
Saturday July 6, 2013
10am - 4pm
215 Spadina Avenue
$149.00 per person
delicious catered lunch included
Feedback from a past participant:
"I couldn't have asked for a better way to be taught. You gave only the information needed, and in just the right order, and kept everyone on track at an even pace. Seriously this is one of the best learning experiences on any topic I've had in a long time."
Learn how to build a website using WordPress - the popular blog and website publishing software. Whether you're trying to set up a simple website for your small business, a personal blog, or perhaps you use WordPress at work and would like to learn more, this workshop is for you. From pages to posts, widgets to plugins, you'll learn all about how to customize and maintain WordPress on your own website.
We will cover:
- the difference between WordPress.com and hosting WordPress on your site
- selecting and installing a WordPress theme
- building webpages and your site's menu bar
- adding a blog to your website
- plugins and widgets - how to customize WordPress
- best practices for backing up and protecting your website
Bring your laptop, your enthusiasm, and appetite (delicious catered lunch is included!), and by the end of the day, you'll know how to build a website from start to finish.
The not-so-fine print:
- You must bring your own laptop and power cord – computers are not provided.
- For our cancellation policies, please visit http://www.camptech.ca/policies/
When & Where
Camp Tech offers practical, professional tech skills training in a fun & friendly environment. Visit CampTech.ca for more information and a list of other classes.