Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sunday, October 14, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (MDT)
St Albert, AB
A National Simulcast On Sunday October 14th
with Lee Strobel, Mark Mittelberg, and Dr. William Craig Unpacking Atheism
Skepticism & Atheism is on the rise. If you haven't been
confronted by it yet, you will be!
Your children are already being challenged bit it. Here are some sobering facts;
- 1 in 4 Americans under 30 now described their religion as "atheist", "agnostic", or "nothing in particular"
- young people are dropping out of church at 5-6 times the historic rate, often because of intellectual doubts
- books by the New Atheists have gone mainstream, many becoming international bestsellers
Beyond questioning God's existence & the reliability of Scriptures...atheism has more questions;
- Isn't religion false & irrational, also even dangerous, violent & source of conflicts?
- Isn't morality a product of evolution, a past biological mechanism for survival?
- Isn't religion just a natural phenomenon or a human invention, having nothing to do with a real God?
- Isn't faith blind, irrational & unjustifiable?
- Isn't the God of the OT and the Father of Jesus a wrathful, violent, blood thirsty God?
- Isn't science undermining belief in God? and more...
In recent years, atheism has renewed its strengths, regrouped & got organized. The effects of it are seeping into our culture and, increasingly, into the church. The New Atheists are very vocal in their claims and are on a campaign to be heard. Their purpose is simple; convert people to atheism, have Christians question their faith, and ultimately get rid of religion. Shall we get prepared & equipped or remain passive?
Together, Strobel, Mittelberg & Dr. Craig will unpack the central claims made by the New Atheists and discuss how we can best answer them. In addition, they'll disclose inside stories of Dr. Craig's landmark debates with many of the leading atheists & skeptics around the world.
They'll also interview other guests with fascinating stories of coming out of atheism to follow Christ. Together, we'll answer the toughest challenges to our faith, hear stories of truth triumphing over doubts, and point people confidently toward trust in Christ.
All are welcome! See you there.