A part of our Sustainable Living Speaker Series
REEP Green Solutions is excited to announce a week long Zero Waste Challenge in Waterloo Region from October 24-28. This event will help guide those interested in participating to learn how to get involved to effectively limit their waste. We also suggest that you review the ideas and strategies shared on our Zero Waste 101 page.
So you have decided to participate in the Zero Waste Challenge Waterloo Region? Or perhaps you are just looking for ways to reduce the amount of waste that you send to the landfill.
Members of our Zero Waste Team will share with you strategies on reducing your waste so that even a family can successfully meet the challenge.
You'll learn about 5 Rs:
- Refuse and instead purchase items that can be borrowed, rented, and repaired.
- Reduce waste by saying no to excessive packaging (i.e. gift wrap).
- Reuse by passing items along to others who may need them (i.e. donating).
- Recycle items to save their value (i.e. batteries).
- Rot the rest (i.e. composting)
Devin Bettincourt & Naomi Sunu are both members of the Zero Waste Waterloo Region team as volunteers with REEP Green Solutions.
- Presentation: 1:30 p.m.
- Q & A: 2:00 p.m.
- Meetup of Zero Waste Challenge Participants: 2:15 - 3:15
OPEN HOUSE: 2:15 – 3:30 P.M.
Come early or stay to explore the REEP House for Sustainable Living. Or come to check out the house’s environmental features.