Actions and Detail Panel
200 Hr Yoga Therapy Training - $3195 (Fri & Sat)
Fri, 21 Apr 2017, 5:00 PM – Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 6:00 PM PDT
“When we heal ourselves, we heal the world" Mark Nepo
Yoga Therapy Training Program
Our Yoga Therapy Training Program is the most affordable and high quality training of its kinds in Victoria!
Our Victoria Yoga Therapy Program is a comprehensive yoga therapy training program offering a balance between theory and practice. To complete the program students must:
- Complete our 150 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program, and;
- Prepare 25 Different Yoga Therapy Sequences under the supervision of one of the leads through our Yoga Therapy Student Clinic
Not only does our Yoga Therapy Training Program follow the highest standards it also includes:
- Payment options
- Free mentorship
- Practical teaching experience with employment opportunities
- 30% discounted all future programs with us, and
- Scholarship opportunities for every program we offer.
1. 150 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program Overview:
History of Yoga Therapy (10 hours):
- Students will learn the sources of yoga therapy
- How its has developed
- And finally students will learn why since the 1990s yoga therapy has increased exponentially
Principles of Yoga Therapy (20 hours):
- Principles of Yoga Therapy using the following yoga tools: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Mantra and Meditation
Advance and Applied Anatomy and Physiology For Therapeutic Yoga (20 hours):
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of physical anatomy and physiology from a Western perspective, as well as the energy anatomy of the subtle inner body.
- Students will learn about the major systems of the body and their interrelationships relevant to the work of a yoga therapist
- Students will also learn about bio-mechanics and movement as they relate to the practice of yoga, as well as knowledge of the interaction between the body, breath, mind, intellect and emotions in health and well-being
Yoga Therapy Methodology: Assessing and Intake Skills (20 hours):
- Students will learn assessment skills
- Students’ will learn to hone their ability to observe misalignment in the body and offer appropriate verbal and physical assists and adjustments.
- Students will learn how to maintain a presence as a therapist, how to cultivate an ability to hold space for a range of clients
- Student will learn how to address structural imbalances and misalignments in both a one-on-one and group setting
- Students will be trained in the art of asking skillful questions during an intake interview
Yoga, Trauma, Mental Health and Specialty Populations (30 hours)
- During this course, students will gain an understanding of causes and processes of disease in the body, and common imbalances and injuries of the human body.
- Yoga Therapists are exposed to various medical conditions and physical injuries, requiring students to become familiar with, and knowledgeable in, various pathophysiological cases so that they can meet their clients’ needs, provide effective treatment plans and avoid causing harm.
- This course will include lectures and workshops taught by various experts in the Yoga Therapy industry, focusing on specific conditions and populations and applications of Yoga Therapy suited to each. Through this course, students will broaden their exposure to various approaches in yoga therapy, offering a glimpse into various areas of specialization in their careers. Students will learn about the population/condition, benefits of yoga techniques, indications, contraindications and the most potent tools for treatment. Specialty populations include individuals who are:
- moving through grief, depression & anxiety, in recovery from addictions and trauma
- Seniors experiencing chronic pain, Muscular-skeletal injury, Athletes, Stress-related illness, Chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Asthma. Heart disease, Cancer
Working With Other Health Professionals (20 hours)
- What they are
- The general processes of how other health professionals treat patients
- Shared Language
Philosophy & Lifestyle (20 hours):
- From a yoga perspective, students will learn more about own personal philosophies, biases, etc.
- Students will gain a deeper textual and experience of Yogic philosophy, while creating a better understanding of the impact philosophy has on both differential diagnosis and treatment in therapy
- Students will learn how to communicate yoga philosophy & lifestyle to other students and clients
The Business of Yoga Therapy (1o hours):
- Covers practical business knowledge
- How to market yourself authentically and professionally
- How to build and mange a case-load
- How to market workshops and courses
- Students will learn how to manage finances and expenses
- Students will also learn about the therapist-client relationship, harnessing a thorough understanding of waivers, insurance, liability and record-keeping,
- Students will learn other skills essential for running a business in the yoga therapy industry
2. Prepare 25 Different Yoga Therapy Sequences/Treatments
Students will develop 25 sequences and under the supervision of one of the programs staff. Midway through the program, students will begin offering 1 hour Yoga Therapy sessions to the public via in our Student Clinic. This provides students with the opportunity to work with people from the community, placing students into the seat of the therapist early on – helping them to sharpen their skills in assessment, communication, listening, presence, time management and treatment.