2017 Family Education Forum: FINDING A HOME - HOUSING 101
Saturday, 13 May 2017 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Working Together for Mental Health and Substance Use Services
FAMILY EDUCATION FORUM: FINDING A HOME - HOUSING 101
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017
9:00AM - 12:30PM
VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL
899 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Admission Fee: $10
Limited financial assistance for admission fee is available.
For all inquiries, please contact Isabella Mori.
Isabella.Mori@vch.ca or 604-290-3817
Housing improves quality of life and is key component of recovery for people with mental illness and substance use. Affordable and supportive housing reduces hospitalizations, psychiatric symptoms and substance use while increasing freedom, privacy, dignity and safety.
Speakers & Keynote Speaker:
- Frances Kenny (Chair, Vancouver Family Advisory Committee)
- Andy Day (Operations Director, Community Health Services at Vancouver Coastal Health & Planning Lead for Primary Care)
- Bryn Genelle Ditmars (Peer Support Worker)
"Accessing Housing Services: an Overview"
Anna Richley (Manager, Mental Health and Substance Use Housing Services, VCH)
Panel Discussion: "Housing First"
- Amber Romanowski (Peer Advisory Committee, VCH)
- Patti Gilbertson OT, MA (Facilities Liaison, Mental Health & Substance Use Supported Housing, VCH)
- Terri Smith (Substance Use Housing Case Manager, Mental Health & Substance Use Services, VCH)
- Will Valenciano (Housing and Health Services Manager, Orange Hall DTES Region, BC Housing)
Moderator: Jennifer Glasgow, Manager of Family Services Involvement Team, VCH)
Save This Event
When & Where
Annual Family Conference: Family Involvement in Mental Health and Substance Use Services
The Family Education Forum is sponsored by Vancouver Coastal Health, Family Advisory Committee, Parents Forever, From Grief to Action and Canadian Mental Health Association of BC,