Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Get Out On The Water - Ottawa
Sat, 3 June 2017, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
ONEC offers a 45 min introduction to sailing and rowing (sculling). We are offering you the chance to try either sport.
- There will be 2 rowing instructors per time slot using individual boat.
- There will be 4 sailing instructors per time slot that can accommodate up to 8 participants. A family of 4 only have to reserve 2 tickets.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? 11 is the minimum age for both rowing and sailing.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? Park across the Parkway or park beside the ONEC tennis courts on Tennis Crescent.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Dress with athletics clothes.
- Bring a hat and sun screen.
- There is always a chance that you will get wet, so bear this in mind and bring a change of clothes.
- Sandals are not recommended for sailing so bring water shoes or an old pair of running shoes.
- It could be cooler on the water so bring.. it is better to bring too much clothing than not enough.
- There are lockers available.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Martin Rhéaume, 2017 ONEC Sailing Director