Actions and Detail Panel
2017 InterACTION Forum
Wed, 10 May 2017, 6:30 PM – Fri, 12 May 2017, 4:00 PM ADT
Working ToGetHer...Learning from one another!
INVITATION to all Women with Breast, Cervical, Ovarian or Uterine Cancer as well as their loved ones, Health Professionals, Community Leaders, Health Establishment Managers and Representatives from Education and Political Sectors.
The New Brunswick Breast & Women's Cancer Partnership Inc. (NBBWCP) is pleased to invite you to the 2017 InterACTION Forum. We have planned a wonderful learning and networking opportunity for all.
A varied program will present new trends in dealing with:
- cancer treatment, recovery & survivorship;
- emerging strategies in cancer information provision;
- today’s challenges to meet outcomes.
The Forum offers an excellent opportunity to ask questions, analyze information and make sound decisions about next steps to improve your overall health.
FOCUS will be on:
- WORKING TOGETHER to increase capacity of early screening for cancer, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
- SHARING KNOWLEDGE on current findings, trends and resources with New Brunswick’s Women, Families & Communities.
- STRENGTHENING SELF-CARE PRACTICES that educate, engage and empower moving forward with cancer and thriving.
A COMMUNITY FORUM open to the public will feature keynote speakers:
Kerry Courneya, Ph.D., presenting PHYSICAL ACTIVITY...IMPROVING YOUR WELLNESS AND CANCER SURVIVAL!
Jalila Jbilou, Ph.D., presenting LISTENING TO YOUR PAIN, STRESS OR DISTRESS...MOVING FORWARD!
ESPECIALLY 4 YOU...other topics to be covered:
- Make every day a better day! - My Community at a glance, Releasing emotional stress and fear around cancer - Building one's strategies for physical, emotional and spiritual self care during and after treatment - Invitation to reconnect to your true self...attitudinal healing - Person-Centred Outcomes...it’s about me! - We're here because we've been there - Moving forward with you in mind...
WELLNESS MARKETPLACE to offer Action Stations: - Getting fit - Eating your way to Health - Mindfulness - CRAFTing your way to HEALING - CARE & SHARE Initiative
LOCATION & TIME
Shediac Multipurpose Centre, 58 Festival Street
Wednesday, May 10th, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (Community Forum - Open to Public)
Thursday, May 11th, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM**
Friday, May 12th, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM**
REGISTRATION $150 before 4 pm, May 3, 2017 via our website at www.nbbwcp-pcscfnb.ca or Facebook (through Eventbrite). You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at (506) 351-1272.
Grants are available for cancer survivors.
To request, fill on-line application form available via www.nbbwcppcscfnbgrant.wufoo.com.
Block bookings arranged for a limited time and first come first served at the following locations:
Shediac Hotel (506) 532-6100 www.hotelshediac.ca
Gabriel Inn, Shediac (506) 532-8007 www.aubergegabrieleinn.com
Le Complexe Domaine Parlee Beach (506) 532-5339 email@example.com
Les Chalets Aboiteaux (506) 577-2005 www.chaletsaboiteau.ca
Conversations will take place in both official languages.
Interpretive services will also be available.
SPECIAL THANKS to our GENEROUS PARTNERS and SPONSORS!
Horizon Health Network
UNI Financial Cooperation
Atlantic Cancer Research Institute
Town of Shediac
Glacier Cove Web Design