Presented by Persephone Brewing Co., and sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Credit Union and Gibsons Public Market, the 2017 Sunshine Coast Craft Beer Festival showcases some of the finest craft beers and spirits in BC today and is our big winter fundraiser for the Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living (SCACL).
We're bringing together 15 craft breweries, one distillery and one cidery in a tasting style event. Participants will enjoy their choice of 4 oz samples of their favourite quaffable bevies to music from DJ Robbie Luv Dub. Suds making you hungry? Not to worry, there's food available on site from Emelle's bistro. This year's festival is located at the newly rebuilt Gibsons Public Market and will be held in two separate services or "pourings". Tickets can be purchased to either the early (1:00-4:00pm) or later (5:00pm-8:00pm) pouring. The fun doesn't have to end there! - walk or jump on a shuttle bus starting at 4:00pm to check out the Tap Takeovers hosted by some of our local pubs.
Your Festival Pass includes one branded tasting glass and your first three drink tokens, with additional tokens available for purchase. Shuttle bus service proviced by SCACL and fair is by donation.
Thank you to our sponsors!
The festival will be held on February 18th, 2017 in two rounds of service or "pourings": 1st Pouring from 1:00 - 4:00pm and 2nd Pouring from 5:00 - 8:00pm.
The event will be located at the Gibsons Public Market at 473 Gower Point Road in Gibsons, BC which is located on the lower Sunshine Coast and accessed by vehicle ferry from Horseshoe Bay. Details on transportation options are provided in the FAQs below.
Festival passes will be sold separately for each Pouring. Cost is $30 for CAMRA members and $35 for non members. This includes your branded tasting glass and first 3 drink tokens. Additional drink tokens may be purchased for $2 each or 12 for $20.
After the beer festival, some of our local craft beer loving establishments will keep things going by hosting mini tap takeovers. Walk, cab or - starting at 4:00pm - ride the shuttle bus provided by SCACL (by donation) from the festival to participating pubs and restaurants. The shuttle service will run all night between event locations in Upper and Lower Gibsons and to local hotels for everyone's enjoyment and safety.
Hotel accommodation special provided by The Garden Inn, located in Gibsons, BC.
Book using promo code SCCBF and receive discounted room rates on rooms booked for the nights of February 17th, 18th and 19th.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- Yes. You must be 19 years of age or older to attend this event (legal drinking age). You may be required to present two pieces of ID including government issued photo ID to claim your registration.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Event parking available at the Gibsons Public Market.
- Express bus service from Vancouver and West Vancouver to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal is provided by Translink.
- View Translink Schedules Online
- Bus service on the lower Sunshine Coast is provided by the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD).
- View SCRD Transit Schedules Online
- Shuttle Bus service provided by the Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living from the Gibsons Public Market to afterparty locations. A donation to SCACL is encouraged.
- Taxi service is provided by Sunshine Coast Taxi - 604-885-3666.
What is SCACL (Sunshine Coast Association for Community Living)?
- SCACL is a non-profit society, registered under the Societies Act of British Columbia, that seeks to provide effective, efficient and responsive services to people with developmental disabilities and their families living on the lower Sunshine Coast. The society was incorporated in 1958. SCACL is owner of Persephone Farms Ltd. and a full partner in Persephone Brewing Co.
What is CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale Society)?
- CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale, community pubs and consumer rights. CAMRA Powell River is our local Sunshine Coast chapter, and will be running a membership drive at the event to raise awareness about CAMRA Powell River and increase membership on the lower Sunshine Coast. Visit the CAMRA UK, CAMRA BC, or CAMRA Powell River websites for more information.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Contact Dion Whyte at Persephone Brewing Co at 778-462-3007 (extension 1) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org