San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Sîan Bradwell Fund has contributed over $1,000,000.00 to the Montreal Children’s Hospital due in large part to the help of teams participating in the Sîan Bradwell Softball Tournament [SBST]. The funds have been used to purchase priority medical equipment for the Oncology department and Haematology clinic, as well as other departments departments (e.g. Neurosurgery) where young cancer patients receive treatment and non-cancer patients can benefit from state-of-the-art equipment.
Our goal this year is to raise $25,000 for intravenous infusion pumps, which deliver chemotherapy and pain relief drugs to young cancer patients.
GAMES AND FEE INFORMATION
- Games take place at parks in Kirkland, QC (Meades, Holleuffer, Ecclestone and Des Bénévoles) and Pierrefonds (Alexander Park)
- Sections: Mixed Open A and B, and Men’s Open A and B
- Each team is scheduled to play a minimum of 3 games, weather permitting.
- Team registration fees can be waived by forwarding a link to a fundraising page
- Participation fee includes admission to all tournament events
- Team photos are distributed to team captains for forwarding to players
- Awards are given to individuals on teams which reach the finals.
Team captains can register an entire team using a credit card. The deadline for registration is June 30th.
Want to do a little more to help? Forward the link to your team's fundraising page to your family and friends to collect online donations towards purchasing a physiological monitor (cost: $20,000) for the Oncology department. Income tax receipts are issued for ALL donations, regardless of amount. Raise just $450 and your team registration fee is waived. To find your team's fundraising page, go to:
If you do not find your team's page here, please send a request to create a page to info @sianbradwell.com
Your registration gets us to first base … your precious donations bring us home.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Sian Bradwell Fund For Children With Cancer
The Sian Bradwell Fund purchases priority medical equipment for children's hospitals (in Montreal, Toronto and Hamilton) for the diagnosis and treatment of children with cancer. Funds are raised through donations collected year-round and a variety of activities, such as:
- Sian Bradwell Softball Tournaments, held in Montreal and Toronto
- Sian Bradwell-West Island Lakers All-Star Weekend (Montreal)
- sale of advertising space in the Fund’s annual book
- auction of items at fundraising events
- StrikeOut Cancer! Family Bowling events in Montreal and Burlington
- other activities organised by volunteers (details at: www.sianbradwell.com)
All activities are conducted by volunteers, and the Advisory Board consists of volunteers only.