Improving Health and Wellness Through Mindfulness
Are you looking for healthier ways to manage your stress? Would you like to learn how to calm and stabilize your mind? Learn how to elicit the 'relaxation response'? Learn how to work with your mind and body during times of stress? There is a huge and growing body of literature that proves that Mindfulness Training, specifically Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), can reduce stress levels, reduce anxiety, increase positive emotions, train and improve concentration / attention, enhance productivity, improve immune system functioning, improve sleep, prevent future relapses into depression and improve one’s capacity to skillfully work with unpleasant/negative feelings. Integrating mindfulness into your life can do wonders for your well-being in many important areas of life. Interestingly, mindfulness training has been infiltrating the healthcare system (staff and patients), school system (teachers and students), the world of sports as well as large corporations.
Under the care of licensed health care professionals Angie Kingma - Occupational Therapist and Gaye Gould - Social Worker, our groups, which are based upon Jon Kabat-Zinn’s 8-week program, will help put you in touch with your mind and body in amazing new ways. These scientifically proven techniques can help you restore a sense of balance, improve your sense of well-being and enrich your enjoyment of life.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to ‘let go’ of worries about the past or the future
- How to pour your attention and energy into the present moment
- How to ‘slow down’ in this busy world in which we live
- How to cultivate a sense of ease and stability in body and mind
- How to more skillfully deal with negative/unpleasant thoughts and emotions
- How to practice self-acceptance
- How to develop or deepen your own regular mindfulness meditation practice
- How to practice meditations practically wherever you go during your day
YOU WILL DEVELOP
- A heightened ability to be able to respond versus react in stressful situations
- A greater sense of joy, contentment, gratitude and sense of presence in your life
- An enhanced self-awareness of the habits of your mind and your automatic tendencies
- The ability to be less self-critical and have more compassion for yourself (and others)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- 8 weekly sessions (3 hours/session)
- A handbook with weekly session summaries and home practice guidelines
- Guided meditations for home practice
- A Mindfulness for Health Certificate of Completion
Having a mindfulness practice has been proven to produce positive changes in a variety of common difficulties or disorders such as stress, low mood, chronic sadness, depression, anxiety, bipolar, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, cancer survivors and a wide variety of other problems. It's also great for anyone who would simply like to get an extra dose of self-awareness and cultivate mindfulness in their life!
If you haven't already, please contact Angie Kingma (email@example.com) or Gaye Gould (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the appropriateness of this course prior to signing up as this type of Mindfulness Training is not for everyone. Thanks!
To see what Mindfulness for Health's graduates have said about the 8-week program, please click here.