A Sensible Cannabis Policy For BC
Monday, September 24, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ALTHOUGH TICKETING WILL END ON THE 24th, ALL WHO SHOW UP WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE EVENT (WITHIN LEGAL CAPACITY), WITH OR WITHOUT A TICKET!!
A FREE community dialogue examining BC's current cannabis policy, and discussing options for more effective approaches focused on public health and safety rather than prohibition and criminalization.
- Dr. Evan Wood PhD, Professor of Medicine at UBC
- Nicholas Simons, MLA Powell River - Sunshine Coast
- John Ranns, Mayor, City of Metchosin
- David Bratzer, President of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition Canada
- Kirk Tousaw, Barrister, Law Office of Kirk Tousaw
Moderator: Philippe Lucas MA, Centre for Addictions Research of BC
For more information, contact Philippe Lucas: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies Canada
MAPS Canada is a non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana. MAPS Canada furthers its mission by:
- Developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines
- Training therapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers
- Supporting scientific research into spirituality, creativity, and neuroscience
- Educating the public honestly and ethically about the risks and benefits of psychedelics and marijuana.